• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOEN - another "Few" reseller

The owner is Takashi Kato..... 62 years old and an absolute gentleman.

I had the pleasure of hosting Kato-san and his wife for a day in Auckland prior to their return to Japan.

They had visited RMNZ in Christchurch and the Wanaka Air Show as guests of RMNZ.

BEVAN

havocpaul

The Eastman stall had the BR fall/winter 07 catalogue available at Duxford, that wool 'A-1' comes as a plain jacket without the patch , would like to see one in the flesh, bet it is comfortable too.

John Lever

swoose774 said:
well considering us poor old yanks' currency is in the shitter, they cost upwards of $2,000 US. One could get 2 goodwears for that kind of scratch. :shock:

True. But these are luxury items in the true sense of the word. No - one ' needs ' one but they are fabulous.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
havocpaul said:
The Eastman stall had the BR fall/winter 07 catalogue available at Duxford, that wool 'A-1' comes as a plain jacket without the patch , would like to see one in the flesh, bet it is comfortable too.

Rufus has one, complete with patch, and posted good pictures on the old forum.

Perhaps he might do so again .... :)

John Lever

This is the reply I got from Eastman, bit disappointing don't you think ?
Dear John,

Sorry, no plans for that one. In fact you are the first person ever to enquire about it. Not really that popular here :)

Best regards
Gary

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
This is the reply I got from Eastman, bit disappointing don't you think ?

I hate getting that answer ...

Maybe try an email to Soen, the BR at Eastman is too expensive anyway.

John Lever

Thanks for that but I never buy vintage, I leave that to the experts. I don't know enough to avoid being ripped off.
At least with a repro I can make a judgement on basic common sense.