• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smart Phone Connection

Chandler

Anyone else having dodgy connection problems from their smart phone?

Sometimes I click the link to VLJ and my phone just hangs trying to connect. I'll go to my desktop (same internet) and (usually) get right in.

Chandler

I have an Android phone and a Mac desktop -- both using the same internet connection. Just strange that I can go back to the site after being on an hour earlier and can't connect.

Micawber

Yep, it hangs, half loads or loads so slowly as to be the cause of browsing another site while waiting ...and waiting. This is on Safari on the Mac, same thing happens on Chrome on the phone, not quite as bad on Firefox.

ausreenactor

Anyone else having dodgy connection problems from their smart phone?

Sometimes I click the link to VLJ and my phone just hangs trying to connect. I'll go to my desktop (same internet) and (usually) get right in.
All the time....

Visiting less and less now because of the issues....

Thought it was the more remote Network access...

Smithy

VLJ has been a bit hokey for months now. I've been trying to change my avatar for about three months now (well ever since they did the big update thingie here) and to no avail. I've posted quite a few times about this issue but it hasn't been (or can't be) fixed.

I think the last big update buggered up quite a substantial amount, and sadly I don't think Nathan has been able to fix it.

It's been like this for a few months now, so I think we probably have to be resigned to things being a little bit less than optimal.

Good thing is that the forum hasn't disappeared.

s4rmark

image load up on posts is very slow or non existent on android or iPad , wifi or mobile internet.

Skyhawk

With my phone, it won't load the site if I am not connected to Wi-Fi. UNLESS, I turn the Wi-Fi off and use data. Then it's perfect. When connected to Wi-Fi on my phone, no issues either. I have a new phone so it could be my settings. Considering all of these posts though, maybe it's not my phone.

Chandler

Another issue I have, while logged in via WiFi and looking at new posts on my Android, I'll return to the new posts list and it won't connect to the next thread I click.

Progress bar gets about 1/8 complete and stops. No other links work either.

Sometimes I can click out (not sign out) and come back and get in, other times not. Very inconsistent.

Sideslip

That's exactly what I'm experiencing as well.
The only one I can comment or reply is by clicking on 'reply' as I have had to do for this post. Also, if I click 'like' in any post, it loads another page asking me to confirm that I want to do that. It does not require this on my phone, but my phone won't let me post either without clicking 'reply'. I was able to create a new thread yesterday from my phone. Using MacBook and iPhone.
I appreciate that this is a free forum and that the owner/moderator does a tremendous amount to keep this forum up and make this forum possible; is there any way we can help improve the performance?