• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SLOW EBAY POSTING TIME

A

Anonymous

Anyone run into a situation that when you post a item it takes a couple of hours to show up. I can imput the item number, and it will show, but it might take more than a hour to show under item description.

shanghai joe

the first time I ebayed an item to sell it took me a few hours.

after that it's AOK.

guess the ebay goddess favours some, eh? ;)

Peter Graham

Huh, you think that's bad. I listed an Irvin a few weeks back and the gallery pic showed up as a grey box. I emailed them half a dozen times about this and they got back each time saying it was being sorted. It never was. The jacket did OK but could well have sold for more with the gallery pic. Since then they have also billed me for the gallery pic that never appeared. Bastards ! :x

A

Anonymous

So do they ad that time to the end of the auction or are you also screwed because you have missed a Saturday of exposure for your item?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
MarkP40 said:
So do they ad that time to the end of the auction or are you also screwed because you have missed a Saturday of exposure for your item?

Would you want the listing ending in the middle of the night? And eBay advises of the delay in indexing, on the confirmation page.

It's always been this way, though I notice that European listings take much longer to index.

Your listing will be posted on eBay and can be viewed in My eBay. It may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours, so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations. Where your listing appears in search results may be based on certain factors including listing format, end time, keywords, price and shipping cost, feedback, and detailed seller ratings.

Although your listings will generally be searchable within 24 hours, for Trust and Safety reasons, there are times when this may take longer

shanghai joe

Peter Graham said:
Huh, you think that's bad. I listed an Irvin a few weeks back and the gallery pic showed up as a grey box. I emailed them half a dozen times about this and they got back each time saying it was being sorted. It never was. The jacket did OK but could well have sold for more with the gallery pic. Since then they have also billed me for the gallery pic that never appeared. Bastards ! :x

common you drama king..........gallery only costs £0.15.

and if you get it right you could wait until they do a promo where gallery pix comes FREE..FREE

ol joe, last of the BIG spenders............ :lol:

Peter Graham

shanghai joe said:
Yeah but I tried to revise the listing twice to get the pic up and they charged me the full listing price three times ! About £8. I don't think that's being a drama king.

shanghai joe

Peter Graham said:
shanghai joe said:
Yeah but I tried to revise the listing twice to get the pic up and they charged me the full listing price three times ! About £8. I don't think that's being a drama king.

yeo.........you're right........couldn't you ask then to refund you for the unfair charges??

I thought revision was free......a glitch?

no free lunches mama grasshopper told her offspring......