• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SJC 30s style goatskin leather jacket

Hey guys, I am new here, I am a long-time fan of 30s-50s style which I originally got into via an obsession with WW2 aviation and flight jackets. Anyway, I recently started looking at leather jackets again after a long break and have enjoyed reading the posts here. Seems like a friendly forum.

I didn't see any posts about Simon James Cathcart. I knew him personally from before he established his company and he was a fellow vintage clothing-leather jacket enthusiast. He has since established a successful small brand making reproduction vintage style cothing. Simon has a great eye for detail and in the early days designed things with the help of an enthusiastic community on his forum. He is also conscious of keeping things affordable (relative) in the context of small scale niche vintage style repro.

Anyway, he just released his first leather jacket-I thought you guys might be interested, it looks like great value and is on a pre-shipment offer at the moment. Unfortunately I waited too long and my size is sold out.:( What do you think?
G1Ecc8T.jpg

Enigma1938

A beautiful jacket indeed. Looks like it's qualitative made and the cut screams vintage, the price seems ok also.
Every company who produces vintage leather garments ist sympathetic to me, there is too much modern crap out there.
Unfortunately it seems that most guys here in this board don't give a f... on jackets without military background...

bn1966

Nice looking jacket and a great price. I’m a big fan of Simon’s SJC vintage clothing and have purchased a lot of it from jackets to T’s, Polo shirts, scarves and so on and so forth. Outside of Eastmans and SJC, I also buy a lot of clothing from Pike Brothers in Germany...who produce a lot of civilian workwear

Bombing IP

A beautiful jacket indeed. Looks like it's qualitative made and the cut screams vintage, the price seems ok also.
Every company who produces vintage leather garments ist sympathetic to me, there is too much modern crap out there.
Unfortunately it seems that most guys here in this board don't give a f... on jackets without military background...

WOW THAT'S ONE SWEEPING STATEMENT ,Thanks for speaking on our behalf .
BIP

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Very well made jacket. Do you know where the hides are coming from? Are they produced in the UK?

Cotton sateen lining in the sleeves. Nice touch. Makes 'donning' and 'doffing' easier!

Most likely made in China, however SJC has just released a made in the UK collection for the first time alongside it-the sports coats, suits and knitwear-though I realise they are less the focus of this group.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I like the jacket and wouldn’t mind seeing more of SJCs work. Bobo .. are you a representative of the company? If you are, you can always post some of your items in the Reproduction Manufacturers Section. We have a number of manufacturers there who show us their items periodically .

ausreenactor

Most likely made in China, however SJC has just released made in the UK items for the first time alongside it-the sports coats, suits and knitwear-though I realise they are less the focus of this group.

The suits and waist coats are amazing. 42 ch /36 w appear to be popular sizes...

Ken at Aero Leather

Can't argue about this

Ken at Aero Leather

Don't take my comment wrong but the experience shows that posts with flight or military jackets are enthusiastically discussed but posts with civilians are often unanswered or the comments are like "yawn...". Not always but often

Again, sad but true, especially considering the forum's moniker, I've felt for a very long time that it needs changning

bn1966

Just looked into the SJC jacket which has I believe a price reduction at present, scoped the numbers and shoulders unfortunately are too narrow for me which is a problem I’ve had with SJC jackets apart from workwear denim. seeing ken chiming in reminds me I want one of his Aero Fair Isle tank tops :) Must admit I’m less obsessed with the military clothing these days than I have been in the past and more civvy orientated, one thing I like about the ‘French cyclist’ jackets posted about recently is a civvy vibe...

Cocker

Love SJC and his work. I own a pair of his Yard Boss denims that I bought at Aero sale a couple years ago, and it's an absolute beast. Marvelous to see how the brand evolves!

Otter

Nice looking jacket, not my personal style, but I can still admire it in the same way I can admire a Caravaggio, but wouldn't want one hanging on my wall.

Well, whether or not this forum is predominantly a place for flight jackets-the thread seems to have drawn enough attention to make it not totally pointless. ;)