• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size of A2 pockets - does those take an IPhone

KariJ

Gents
I was just wondering if your repro A2:s front pockets can nicely accommodate for example an IPhone7 size phone. My AERO 42-15142-P where I only have customized the pocket flaps easily takes in a cigarrette box but in case of phone the flap cant be closed (not anyhow not even close to that).

I know in historical perspective those pockets were never designed for handys, because nobody could even have an idea one could place a phone or practically a computer inside of pocket ? But is there any differences between models providers or models.

CoopDog

My early Avirex (although not a highly accurate A-2 reproduction) will hold an IPhone 6 vertically and close. However, I never use the pockets for that or anything. When I am wearing my A-2 I keep my cell phone in a shirt pocket, or in the back left pocket of my pants. I consider the A-2 pockets fairly useless.

busdrivermike

My branded by orchard will take my 6 plus iPhone but
they put a handy dandy interior pocket that also
Fits the phone :)

KariJ

Here is the fit of my IP7/A2 pocket. Sorry abt the crappy quality of a pic. Also visible that civilian label of AERO, because I preferred more bevelled/curved pocket flaps and Sir Ken was willing to make those. I like jacket very much :) Maybe this is a New World issue

KariJ

Not sure that even in the Old WWII World that many things fit in the pockets. Cigarette pack? Lighter? Comb? Wallet? Flying notes?
Just in this case a pack of Marlbaro (hard one) and a Zippo. So in thet way maybe historically correct

KariJ

There is always a phone in my left pocket :)

I always carry my Samsung smartphone in my A-2 Star ELС left pocket without any problem when I wearing it.

My AVI Bronco has pocket bit larger and it fits for phone too.

Nice fit. By the color of the wheel rims of that plane should be a so called "governmental air ship" if still in active use nowadays. That russian broken shade of green and also in blue is just fantastic :)