• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size 44 Rough Wear Original on eBay

Brettafett

Saw this. Beautiful jacket. Love the A-26 art!!!
But look at those pocket flaps... Perfect example of how originals are NOT perfect ;) If ELC, BK or GW sent a jacket out like that, there'd be hell to pay ;D
s-l1600.jpg

CBI

as awesome as the jacket is, the leather is pretty lifeless IMO. I mean, its a great jacket but I am passing on it. Considering some of the asking prices on the Bay these days, this is a reasonable deal. Yes, in quality control but that's the way they were made. Just my opinion but I think some of the high end repros are just too pretty these days. Its ll good though, gotta love a super A-2!

B-Man2

as awesome as the jacket is, the leather is pretty lifeless IMO. I mean, its a great jacket but I am passing on it. Considering some of the asking prices on the Bay these days, this is a reasonable deal. Yes, in quality control but that's the way they were made. Just my opinion but I think some of the high end repros are just too pretty these days. Its ll good though, gotta love a super A-2!
John
Totally agree with you on the graining thing. That Aero you sold me had beautiful graining . Granted it wasn’t painted but for the money it was a fantastic deal. This one seems a bit over priced from my point of view .
Thanks again .

B-Man2

I’m looking at the pocket flaps on this jacket and as many of you already mentioned, there are noticeable differences between the two . I’m also looking at the stitching lines around each pocket flap and I’m thinking that one of these pocket flaps might have been a replacement. It’s just too difficult to get any clarity of this photo in my cell phone.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

it may very well be a redye. if so, well done when sent back to rw, not one of those depot slop jobs. the painting on the back looks good, but the wear looks odd. without lead and uv testing its hard to say conclusively whether its wwll period work. these are opinions, not facts.

Silver Surfer

btw, i asked the seller for measurements, and he most graciously replied pit to pit 22 3/4", shoulder seam to shoulder seam 19". the smaller measurements for the tagged size make sense considering the wavy crown zipper= shrinkage. these measurements would make the jacket a roomy size 42....or a small size 44. i did not ask about the back length, but i would reckon that it is shorter then what would be proper for a size 44.

Tony Ward

This is my jacket. Thanks for posting. Wasn’t able to post it in here as I’m a newer member. Can answer any questions regarding or take closer photos of any area if anyone would like