• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

size 44 older elc irvin

Silver Surfer

in the event that it has not been seen, listed under eastman jacket, on ebay, is a size 44 elc irvin. this one appears to be one of the older production, like the one i purchased from andrew. by the pix, it seems a little darker then mine, but the same type of hides, and panel configuration. these earlier production irvins are outstanding in every way imaginable, and are built like a brick shithouse. damn nice piece of work.

rich

Have to agree with you. But do you think he's wrong with the measurement from top of collar to bottom of jacket - surely he means 25.5, not 28.5 - these jackets are cut short in the body.

John Lever

ausreenactor said:
$800 with 6 days to go...gonna be an expensive jacket!!

Couchy
A German bidder has bid it up beyond it's value.
Does anyone else think that the body is seal brown ?
Look at the mis-match between the collar and belt.

Andrew

John Lever said:

Yeah, it has the same colouring of a B-6 not an Irvin.

John Lever

Andrew said:
John Lever said:

Yeah, it has the same colouring of a B-6 not an Irvin.[/quot]
IMO it's definitely not worth £500.
When I first saw the photos I thought it was a B-3/Irvin hybrid because of the odd colouration.
Begs the question -
Why do Eastman sell their dead finish jackets ?
No one seems to like them !

Lignemaginot

That's my brother selling the jacket - he's also now posted the Star A-2 that I had posted here a couple of weeks ago... in addition to some other choice leather jackets.

John Lever

Lignemaginot said:
That's my brother selling the jacket - he's also now posted the Star A-2 that I had posted here a couple of weeks ago... in addition to some other choice leather jackets.
That's interesting.
I sold my Swedish Tanker to Paul last year and have been chatting to him about this one in regard to the colour differences to the usual Eastman jackets.
He has quite a collection there.
Why don't you ask him to join us ?

Lignemaginot

I have, but he's not really a chat-room person; he collects/wears for his own interest, but doesn't have much interest in showing off a collection.

A

Anonymous

John Lever said:
ausreenactor said:
$800 with 6 days to go...gonna be an expensive jacket!!

Couchy
A German bidder has bid it up beyond it's value.

Personally I quite like the mis-match. Perfection was rarely seen in period made garments and it adds some individuallity and authenticity to it IMVHO. Certainly not a reason to devalue it in any way.

Dave

John Lever

Yes it makes it interesting I'm sure some originals were made to look like that.
The thing that gets me though is that the seller insists that this the staple ELC RAF jacket colouration. It is obviously a special made from a sample as all other jackets have matching belt collar and trim leathers. It's not devalued in any way it may even be worth more as it may be unique.

Roughwear

I think the contrast between the russet seam tapes and the seal outer skin plus the recent hype early Irvins have had on various forums has inflated the price of this particular jacket. I have owned originals with similar contrasting leather. Is this not the jacket Mr Lever is after? ;)

John Lever

Roughwear said:
I think the contrast between the russet seam tapes and the seal outer skin plus the recent hype early Irvins have had on various forums has inflated the price of this particular jacket. I have owned originals with similar contrasting leather. Is this not the jacket Mr Lever is after? ;)

You Devil !!

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Roughwear said:

You Devil !!

That's me! ;)
:evil: :twisted:

ausreenactor

High bidders have pulled their bids and with more to follow for sure. High bid of $1400?? A little crazy? As usual low bidder with no new
bid, as per the rules. The under bidders have seven hours to pull their bids. Someone will be in for a surprise!!

Couchy

John Lever

ausreenactor said:
High bidders have pulled their bids and with more to follow for sure. High bid of $1400?? A little crazy? As usual low bidder with no new
bid, as per the rules. The under bidders have seven hours to pull their bids. Someone will be in for a surprise!!

Couchy[/quote

Just checked the listing and WTF ?
How can someone pull bids like that ?
It was the German bidder with feedback of 12 that pulled his bids or had them removed.

Is anyone planning to bid from the forum as I might have a go at this one and I would hate to push the price up for a member ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Is anyone planning to bid from the forum as I might have a go at this one and I would hate to push the price up for a member ?

Oh John, we all new you wanted this jacket ... some of the members even cancelled their bids. ;)

ausreenactor

:oops:

If emailed the seller, letting him know the bidder had not put the bid on right away, as per the rules. My high bid had been flagged. Happy at $635 but anyone with mischief in their heart could have whacked up the price to my exact high bid. I pushed the other guy to $600 shy of his high bid and that was as high as I would have gone. I was also of the thinking it was a B-6 finish shearling with the Irvin(g) build. And I need something to fit over the ELC Sweater and the RAF BD. One or the other with the 40. There is a 42 on so will have a legit crack at that. Have not heard from the seller yet.

Will let you know why in 4 hours!!

Couchy

ausreenactor

John....

Something is afoot in Old Tokyo Town. Fear not about the Irvin..

Found where the Uber bidder and his crazy bidding went too!

Cesar Garcia - alcionelamayor (14). Sometimes seller, ELC Guestbook favorite.
Hit John up for 'his' early 44 ELC Irvin. Looks like he has shifted the dollars..
Poor form though!
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0394187722

Das is Mein!!! Silver Surfer's jacket!! Well lets see if he does it twice!!

Couchy