• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simon Williams (UK) 'King of the Heavies' B-3

ausreenactor

Here is my Eastman Rough Wear B-3 with 380th Bomb Group art by Simon Williams. 380th BG crews flew north from Townsville back in the day and were probably billeted around the base where I have 'lived' for the last year and a half.

Not sure if I have posted pics lately. Going through jackets, working out what to take North tomorrow when I fly back to work.

20170401_140212.jpg

17758170_10210457990418736_1759269946_n.jpg

17692403_10210457991618766_384077879_o.jpg

380BombGp_lg.jpg

B-Man2

Chouchy
Your B-3 art work is spot on. I have a picture of an original 380th A2 jacket with that art work, that’s located in the Wright Paterson US Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio. I’m posting it below to show how yours is very close to an original jacket painted during WWII. Cheers
E72399B1-7C92-4FE9-8D7E-EEC8DF3A05D2.jpeg

Otter

I have had two Eastman B-3 house jackets, one an older time worn and one a newer broken grain. That Roughwear is substantially nicer than either of them.

ausreenactor

Sorry more specifically, I do not know the artist of the patches I posted.

Sorry mate, hard to say. Try one of the FB pages...

You might get an eBay link to another version thrown on your post but someone there might be able to help.

Bombing IP

Who ever made it it's not an accurate 5th Air force rendition ,way off target .The other patch looks like a dog swatting a Jap flag .

Jeff

ausreenactor

Who ever made it it's not an accurate 5th Air force rendition ,way off target .The other patch looks like a dog swatting a Jap flag .

Jeff

Ouch...

Some of the Australian made felt 5" patches are/were just like this.. Given it is paired with a Townsville based Bomb Group patch then it could be the look. There were a range of posts on the Aussie 5th AAF shoulder and chest patches recently.

ausreenactor

Norshor Leather website and FB page..

I have seen some here adorning trunks and suitcases. Not sure if Mark does it too.

And those big Aussie patches are all over the web. I have a pic or two somewhere.. Search 5th AAF and something will pop up.