• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simmons Bilt

Peter Graham

Has anyone had experience of the Scottish jacket company Simmons Bilt ? I just discovered them last week. They have one particular jacket design that I really like and their prices are pretty good. Ken from Aero, if you’re reading this, does this company have anything to do with Will Lauder ? If so, I’ll steer clear.
www.simmonsbilt.com

Thomas Koehle

before placing there ask the others about their story - I preferred to go with the „real deal“ and ordered at AERO directly

Southoftheborder

Friendly company who make a good quality jacket. The best Aero sheepskin I ever had made was put together by Kelly who was Aero's best machinist IMO and now works for SB. No one at Aero will have a good word to say about them but Will Lauder who left Aero to set up the company and was subsequently prosecuted for theft of Aero property has left SB and has nothing to do with them now.

Personally as a customer of both companies I don't care about trade rivalries. I find it a real turn off.

tefouane

Perhaps not but Simmons Bilt are still using the patterns he stole from Aero,
PS Will Lauder didn't "leave" SB, they threw him under a bus once they'd got what they wanted from him
Just a question Ken because I'm french and I don't understand all very well. When you talk about patterns, you talk about all details and measurements of a proper model ? For example, if SB buy a real and vintage A2 Bronco, they can make their own pattern of it. It will be the same as yours ? Thanks for the help.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965F en utilisant Tapatalk

Persimmon

1963F723-4C21-460C-B86E-F9D0C259FE4D.jpeg
Perhaps not but Simmons Bilt are still using the patterns he stole from Aero,
PS Will Lauder didn't "leave" SB, they threw him under a bus once they'd got what they wanted from him

Outline of the “pattern” of WL after the bus hit him !

Dubpynchon

Has anyone had experience of the Scottish jacket company Simmons Bilt ? I just discovered them last week. They have one particular jacket design that I really like and their prices are pretty good. Ken from Aero, if you’re reading this, does this company have anything to do with Will Lauder ? If so, I’ll steer clear.
www.simmonsbilt.com
Holy be to God.

Southoftheborder

Change the bloody record. Lauder is long gone and so is Amanda. So if the patterns are stolen then Aero should sue. Meanwhile the company is trying to make a living and gets slagged off enough on the hat place without it coming here too. They make a good jacket and that's what I care about, not some long lost feud between individuals and now companies.

Ken at Aero Leather

Change the bloody record. Lauder is long gone and so is Amanda. So if the patterns are stolen then Aero should sue. Meanwhile the company is trying to make a living and gets slagged off enough on the hat place without it coming here too. They make a good jacket and that's what I care about, not some long lost feud between individuals and now companies.

With that sort of attitude you'll be well suited to dealing with SB, In fact we'd prefer you gave them all your business in future

Southoftheborder

With that sort of attitude you'll be well suited to dealing with SB, In fact we'd prefer you gave them all your business in future

You and your little helpers have been slagging them off on forums for years and it's just trade jealousy and not a good look. It's not just them either. Someone has only to put up a picture of a less than perfect jacket from one of your competitors and you usually weigh in with a sarky comment.

I bought jackets from Aero over many years, and some have been very good and some have been a disaster - just like Eastman and SB and others when you get good and sometimes bad. I've sent a couple back with those companies too but I think your company has made me more real stinkers that had to go back than any other maker. So you don't have a monopoly on virtue.

In fact after the last complete cock up a couple of years ago when Aero made me the wrong jacket altogether I decided I would never let you make me one again.

coanda

It is great pity that this once very friendly and informative forum has been hijacked by the fans of Aeroleather in exactly the same way that the Hat forum was.
Personally I have no problem with the quality of jacket that they produce….. He won’t sell to me anyway.

I am however heartily sick of the continual vitriol to SB and indeed anyone else who dare to say any other maker is worthy of purchase. For the record I do think their (SB’s) quality and customer service is far superior to most other makers.

This used t be a great place to pick up and exchange information with the likeminded enthusiast. I have over the years learnt a huge amount and made some very good friends through this forum. Like many I now don’t bother to post here…… Quite simply what is the point. If it is a new non Aero garment it it is rubbish…….. If it is old anyones else’s knowledge is wrong.

Could I respectfully ask the moderators or indeed anyone… Could a forum be set up purely for Aero sycophants….. Maybe this forum could then return to the pleasant arena it used to be.

For now I guess I had better start digging a bunker!
Where’s my bloody Tin Hat!!!

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Simmons Bilt sometimes use exotic hides which Aero don't use, but Aero's Horween an Vicenza are gorgeous by itself.