• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your satchels.

Flightengineer

Do you put a chocks under the nose wheel as well as under the main ones?
Here always use when plane parked ... well, because we don’t have such beautiful bags, probably :D

robrinay

I’ve had this US Mail bag copy by Satchel and Page, for a while, having bought it for £80 on greedbay. The owner bought it in the startup campaign and has barely used it. It came without a shoulder pad so I made one when the maker wanted to charge me more than I’d paid for the bag, for a strap with pad as the pad alone wasn’t an option. It’s about half the weight of a genuine mail bag and slightly smaller.
EDCDBA58-8F4A-433C-B580-1A1F7328BE40.jpeg
707D6FA1-E519-41DD-8C0C-FA96AFEE0D34.jpeg

Officer Dibley

I thought a “satchel” was always carried over the shoulder. What Americans now call “crossbody” .....
Apparently i was wrong .... every day on here brings new knowledge or correction of old knowledge ...

Saint-ex

I thought a “satchel” was always carried over the shoulder. What Americans now call “crossbody” .....
Apparently i was wrong .... every day on here brings new knowledge or correction of old knowledge ...
Maybe it's a misunderstanding by my side, a translation error, but for me a Satchel is carried by hand or over the shoulder and messanger is carried over the shoulder only.

Cocker

is this an original? if not, where/who you got it from?

thx :)

That’s another idea I’ve been meaning to implement but this one caught my eye so I’m in two minds to just purchase one of these, it’s a french lady with nice taste that makes them

That's where my bag is coming from, In Memories Sportswear! :)

Angie and Ali, the owner and designers for the brand, are really lovely people, passionate about what they are doing, and I'm glad I can call them friends. Their whole line is focusing on WW2/vintage items and quality. This bag is their take on WW2 Aviator kit bag. The basic model is about the same, they added a shoulder strap, inside vintage Aloha print lining (as well as on the zipper box piping on top of the bag), heavy duty canvas, and an amazing attention to details. It's been my everyday bag since I bought it in June, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

@Art did you meet Angie at the expo?

kirova

thanks I will check them out :)

besides originals, the only other place I know that make these bags with the white para straps are At The Front, but only in large size :(

A2 B3au

Angie and Ali, the owner and designers for the brand, are really lovely people, passionate about what they are doing, and I'm glad I can call them friends. Their whole line is focusing on WW2/vintage items and quality. This bag is their take on WW2 Aviator kit bag. The basic model is about the same, they added a shoulder strap, inside vintage Aloha print lining (as well as on the zipper box piping on top of the bag), heavy duty canvas, and an amazing attention to details. It's been my everyday bag since I bought it in June, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

@Art did you meet Angie at the expo?
Never had the pleasure and no doubt she is what you describe

Wholenineyards

Pike Brothers did an Aviator's Kit Bag some time ago. I bought two at 50 EUR a piece and have not regretted it. I don't know if they're still to be had on the internet but I highly recommend them. This one is mainly used for travel and it takes a beating. Ages very well. My plane to the UK was delayed last November and while waiting for the follow-on an attractive lady in hunting attire approched me to ask what Brand it was and if I was willing to part with it. Just saying...
20200415_213947.jpg