Show us your satchels.

robrinay

Would a satchel be considered a "murse"?
I don’t think so. Surely a satchel was first a ‘unisex’ work bag for transporting books to school, luggage and mail on horseback etc. Mind you if it’s tiny and only good for carrying a wallet and a phone........
:)

Flightengineer

RED CANOE B-17 75th Anniversary Kit Bag.

Not very big like an original kit bag, nice size for a weekend trip out of town for a couple of days or on vacation.
Love it, think after washing will look even better.

Thomas Koehle

lately got some new bags/satchels comin' in

paperboys bag in pretty good condition - got it via Thailand (once in a while vintage US garment and gear Pops up at Thai EBAY Dealers - seems they hoard stuff of redcross aid campaigns)

size is exactly what you Need for your Laptop and some booklets

another one which is made outta concrete-bag/sack off a "3rd world store"
nicely handcraftet complete with liner and 2 inner pockets

and another one which i got almost 12 years ago is the BELSTAFF (think the Name is "colonial bag")

B-Man2

lately got some new bags/satchels comin' in

paperboys bag in pretty good condition - got it via Thailand (once in a while vintage US garment and gear Pops up at Thai EBAY Dealers - seems they hoard stuff of redcross aid campaigns)

size is exactly what you Need for your Laptop and some booklets

another one which is made outta concrete-bag/sack off a "3rd world store"
nicely handcraftet complete with liner and 2 inner pockets

and another one which i got almost 12 years ago is the BELSTAFF (think the Name is "colonial bag")

Thomas
Would you post another photo of your mailbag satchel from Bronson?
Thanks

Officer Dibley

Some more photos Thomas. I have 3 in various condition. The cheapest i paid was £5. New ones in unissued condition range from £25-£45
As you can see from the photos below, i can fit a 1 litre Nalgene bottle in one internal pocket. In the other an aluminium sandwich tin or a good bit of other stuff. And a mobile and wallet. All you need !
Beware the Indiam made ones that have an eyelet to close the bag. Go for the British made ones with 2 press studs like mine below
Here’s a nice
Thomas, i’ve PM’d you
F339E497-C177-4CBB-AE17-271109DAB9C8.jpeg
B80983C9-764A-4E7E-A3DF-17219CE0F721.jpeg
D703D686-1B24-4893-AE59-E6D4F2F0F631.jpeg
D7A5B077-307D-448A-B52E-F00DB3D29AB5.jpeg
407A9D99-8169-4023-A2EC-79B697E73CD7.jpeg
C76804CE-4376-4ABF-B410-D0256AB36EBB.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

B-Man2

Dave
Nice little piece of kit. I think you might like the WWII US Gas Mask bags as well. When I was a kid we used to buy them at Army and Navy surplus stores for 2 or 3 dollars and use the as school bags to carry our books in.
Only took one and it would last forever . I’ll see if I can find a picture of one.