• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your most worn and well broken in jackets...…………( please..... we are all dying of CV boredom here)

B-Man2

Not a military jacket, but one that certainly traveled a lot of road miles through all sorts of weather. I treated this jacket the way we talk about here. I slept in it , used it as a blanket , wore it in rain and snow, and spent a lot of hours touring the US with only this jacket and a woolly pulley also known as a commando sweater. It never let me down. Sadly, I sold it on a few years ago after I sold my last Harley.
E14DAF83-1BB8-4F13-A66A-E5DE1DC6A42E.jpeg
45CD923B-524E-49C2-AEB7-79D938D98D22.jpeg

Flightengineer

I like this a lot!

Thanks. My last year review for this jacket here if you interested

zoomer

This is a USWings Indy of distressed cow. I have owned it 13 years and it was used before that. The hand is a little heavy but incredibly soft - not in a fragile lambskin way, but ruggedly so.

This is one where I am seriously considering having some "room" added in.

[pix to follow shortly]
No pix...but I have a good reason. We have had a college senior helping out my family and me - moving, organizing, and since quarantine, shopping. He just graduated and we all gave presents - mine being his choice of jackets. He picked the Indy. He is an exceptional young man and I hope he wears it in good fortune as well as good health.

Smithy

I'll post some photos of my most beaten up ones here over the next few days when I get a chance and the light is good but in the meantime I couldn't help posting this link to a civvy A-2 that Mike1973 (he's a member here too) owns. Jorge's jacket and my post about how good goatskin can me reminded me of this stunner of Mike's.

This is a reminder of just how amazing goatskin can get and look with wear. I'd take this over a horsehide jacket any day.

The photos are still a bit stuffed up by the Photofucket folks but you'll get the idea...

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/civilian-a-2.31687/

They don't get much better than this.

B-Man2

Boring day here, so I thought I join the mix and post my well worn original a Pritzker. It’s had a little “Face Lift” to clean it up but it’s an “oldie but goodie” for sure.
Enjoy!!

UPDATE; I wanted to let all of you know that the restoration work that brought this jacket back to mint condition was done by one of our own here on VLJ. Hats off to Dave Sheeley (Maverickson) for his outstanding work on this jacket. Dave literally took the jacket apart piece by piece and hit every stitch hole when he sewed it back together so there wouldn't be any extra holes in the jacket . Then he replaced the mouton collar with a collar that he faded and aged over a 6 month period to get that great honey look . I couldn’t be happier with his work. Way to go Dave!!!
9E727C6A-8FE8-49A9-8163-17B32AF3F161.jpeg
9E2F28EA-1F11-4C9C-A8AE-B26C808F202F.jpeg
5DF218D1-40DA-48A1-B61C-ECFF74527BA7.jpeg
05904405-63DC-407C-B34E-9CE2FEBB5710.jpeg
CFF9DC10-478C-4305-8D53-2701DC4E438B.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

This is a rare bird , a strange duck , or a flash out of the past . Pick one! From what little I think I know about this jacket, this is a tribute jacket, to the American Volunteer Group , that was made by Aero Leather a number of years ago .Now that’s what I’ve heard that it is , so Ken if you’re out there feel free to jump in here.
It’s an A2 Aero 42-15142-P , with an “Aces” red silk lining with a nice mouton collar. According to the story the Army flyers of the AVG had A2 jackets , while the Navy and Marines had M-422s. The Army flyers liked the mouton collars of the 422s so they had them put onto their A2 jackets . This could be a pure fantasy story about this jacket so I hope Ken will come along and give us the real story. Here’s the jacket:

46669825-92CB-4DBC-9025-B608ED6E9DC7.jpeg
69F498CC-70F8-440F-9F9A-4B2F23AEFBD6.jpeg
999D5002-B0FB-4011-92D8-B0A39397D28A.jpeg
FB4E3DBC-345C-495D-8D9C-566011CE4388.jpeg
64438E06-D233-49C7-86AA-1CAF75D450A8.jpeg
3C557229-D2EC-4AB8-96D9-7071D8765802.jpeg
64573ECD-F604-4D43-AB72-D7BCD14160EA.jpeg
C7BCCE89-3ACA-4A96-9219-E2826277885F.jpeg

62CCAB7B-9D95-4CAD-BE04-3CDB8DB265B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Smithy

This is a rare bird , a strange duck , or a flash out of the past . Pick one! From what little I think I know about this jacket, this is a tribute jacket, to the American Volunteer Group , that was made by Aero Leather a number of years ago .Now that’s what I’ve heard that it is , so Ken if you’re out there feel free to jump in here.
It’s an A2 Aero 42-15142-P , with a red silk lining with a nice mouton collar. According to the story the Army flyers of the AVG had A2 jackets , while the Navy and Marines had M-422s. The Army flyers like the mouton collars of the 422s so they had them put onto their A2 jackets . This could be a pure fantasy story about this jacket so I hope Ken will come along and give us the real story. Here’s the jacket:

View attachment 37488View attachment 37489View attachment 37490View attachment 37491View attachment 37492View attachment 37493View attachment 37494View attachment 37495
View attachment 37496

Whether it's true or not Burt, that's one very handsome jacket, the mouton collar really works on it.

Flightengineer

B-Man2

Nice and beauty. Burt, how did this first G-1 specification differ from the next MIL-J-7823 (AER)?
Dmitry
From what little I know about the G-1 jackets that followed this one. The Pritzker has a darkened zipper that is different than the bigger paper clip type zipper, and the pocket flaps do not have the scalloped shape of the later G-1 jackets. The Pritzker isn’t as fitted with a little more of a boxy cut to it. Hopefully someone with more specific information will follow up here.
Cheers D

B-Man2

Whether it's true or not Burt, that's one very handsome jacket, the mouton collar really works on it.
Thanks for the kind words Tim . It definitely gives an A2 a different look doesn’t it?
I hope Ken sees this and tells us a little more about it.I may just PM him and see if he’ll respond.

Last edited:

Smithy

any "normal" person would find this thread so bizarre! People posting their worn out clothes..................and others saying how cool the clothes look!

some great looking jackets here, congrats all!!!!!!!!

It's funny isn't it, for us (well most of us) with a leather jacket, the more worn and beat up the better - within reason obviously but generally if it looks like it's done a tour of duty, been shot down in, evaded capture by jumping in rivers and crawling through brambles, all the better.

If it was any other piece of clothing you'd throw it out!