• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your most worn and well broken in jackets...…………( please..... we are all dying of CV boredom here)

Tylbor

By far my most beat-up jacket, my old (probably) 70’s Lee Stormrider. My daughter covets it but it’s too big for her.

View attachment 36639View attachment 36642
Next my old Avirex A-2. Doesn’t get worn much but the leather-almost certainly horse) is so fantastic that I am reluctant to part with it.
View attachment 36643

View attachment 36645View attachment 36646
Finally my ‘Phantom’ G-1. Label illegible so age indeterminate, cowhide but it’s aged beautifully. Never let anyone tell you late model G-1’s aren’t worth bothering with.
View attachment 36647View attachment 36648View attachment 36649View attachment 36650
Beautiful jackets, sir.
Especially thank you for saying "Never let anyone tell you late model G-1’s aren’t worth bothering with." My new Brill Bros 1982 G-1 arrived few days ago and comparing it to my old Martin Lane jacket gave me a bit ambiguous feelings. I mean it's pretty nice, has a great collection of patches, it's named and I guess I've identified the pilot... it's just a waistband that looks like in sweatshirt. Anyway, I hope it needs just a bit of neglect. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5791.JPG
    IMG_5791.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5787.JPG
    IMG_5787.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 176

P-47 thunderbolt

Hey P-47, when I first glanced at the wide shot before reading the text, I thought you were posting an original Aero. DD did a brilliant job making and it and you wearing the hell out of it. Here's hoping DD starts making jackets like these again.
It really is a great jacket, looks and feels just like a 40's jacket. I would say more authentic than ELC s, BK, and real McCoy's I've had. I don't think steerhide is appreciated enough for a2s. This one has so much character.

Tylbor

I have already posted an image of my old G-1 Martin Lane in the different thread, so I'm only attaching it at the bottom of this post. But my favourite well broken, distressed and worn-out jacket is this first pattern M65 with no epaulets and tons of paint.

IMG_5797a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2864a.jpg
    IMG_2864a.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 208

Silver Surfer

another well worn original. this aero 16160 has consistent wear on the hides while the original liner [the only aero contract liner that was not mustard brown] is in remarkably excellent shape. this jacket was used by Chappy [good wear leather] for a pattern for his 16160 reproduction some years ago. of interest is the very light russet color on most of the jacket, and then areas that have not been sun exposed are a darker russet color. the name printed on the liner back is nearly visible.

Attachments

• IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 175
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 204
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 182
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 181
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_21.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_21.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 184
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 173
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_22.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_22.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 162

Smithy

Mikey I agree with Grant above, that Avirex looks brilliant now. You should give the old girl some love and wear her more as it's a lovely looking A-2.

MikeyB-17

Yeah I know, but since I bought the ELC, which I’m hammering as much as possible, it’s been retired to the wardrobe. It’s a tad short too. I might move it on at some point. I was wearing it to and from work last year.

B-Man2

Yeah I know, but since I bought the ELC, which I’m hammering as much as possible, it’s been retired to the wardrobe. It’s a tad short too. I might move it on at some point. I was wearing it to and from work last year.
What size is it Mikey?
I agree ... it’s probably one of the finest looking Avirex repos I’ve seen.

B-Man2

another well worn original. this aero 16160 has consistent wear on the hides while the original liner [the only aero contract liner that was not mustard brown] is in remarkably excellent shape. this jacket was used by Chappy [good wear leather] for a pattern for his 16160 reproduction some years ago. of interest is the very light russet color on most of the jacket, and then areas that have not been sun exposed are a darker russet color. the name printed on the liner back is nearly visible.
Vic
You certainly have owned some “Gems” In your day. This is another beauty ...

MikeyB-17

What size is it Mikey?
I agree ... it’s probably one of the finest looking Avirex repos I’ve seen.
Believe it or not, Burt, it’s marked as a 46. It most certainly is not, I’m a fairly large 42 and 5’10”, I can wear it but it’s a bit short and blouses quite a lot when unzipped. As you can see from the pics, it has quite a wide, tight waist knit.

B-Man2

Believe it or not, Burt, it’s marked as a 46. It most certainly is not, I’m a fairly large 42 and 5’10”, I can wear it but it’s a bit short and blouses quite a lot when unzipped. As you can see from the pics, it has quite a wide, tight waist knit.
Great looking jacket Mikey .
Certainly a tough decision, but I see your point with having a better fitting ELC.
Cheers