• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your most worn and well broken in jackets...…………( please..... we are all dying of CV boredom here)

fighterjock

latest acquisition...…………………………….D-1 Mechs jacket, always liked these for their shear simplicity. Should be here next week, also scored some NOS crowns for replacement.

Attachments

• d-1 front.jpg
    d-1 front.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 175
  • d-1 back.jpg
    d-1 back.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 156

fighterjock

Is that ELCs decal?
I put a real one on my Eastman, but for some reason I didn't quite like fresh look, so I preaged...…………...once you put one of these bad boys on there pretty hard to get off!!

Attachments

• HPIM1589.JPG
    HPIM1589.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 175
  • HPIM1590.JPG
    HPIM1590.JPG
    917.5 KB · Views: 169

fighterjock

I put a real one on my Eastman, but for some reason I didn't quite like fresh look, so I preaged...…………...once you put one of these bad boys on there pretty hard to get off!!
It's a toss up really between this and my Highwayman
Bill Kelso 1755 Dubow, seal, Liberty horse hide, around 5 years old.View attachment 36441View attachment 36442View attachment 36445View attachment 36446View attachment 36447View attachment 36450View attachment 36451
That's a cool jacket Dude!

fighterjock

Nope it's real, I got a bunch set a few years ago on Ebay………….lots of little ones white and blue...……………..and big ones, all color and silver saving silver for a D-1 that's coming should be here early next week!

fighterjock

here is my little collection of NOS original waterslide decals. I have a bulk set of the ones used on leather helmets each separated with wax paper sheet.
one of the full color for shoulder sleeves (they come in a set of two and I used one on my ELC) two silver ones and a set of tiny blue ones. not sure where the blue ones would have been used except perhaps the white arctic gear perhaps.
View attachment 36475View attachment 36476View attachment 36477View attachment 36478View attachment 36479
I couldn't figure out what the blue ones were either, so I put one on my white leather chrome dome...…………….early SAC Helmet

Attachments

• HPIM1591.JPG
    HPIM1591.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 184

Ken at Aero Leather

This is a rare bird , a strange duck , or a flash out of the past . Pick one! From what little I think I know about this jacket, this is a tribute jacket, to the American Volunteer Group , that was made by Aero Leather a number of years ago .Now that’s what I’ve heard that it is , so Ken if you’re out there feel free to jump in here.
It’s an A2 Aero 42-15142-P , with an “Aces” red silk lining with a nice mouton collar. According to the story the Army flyers of the AVG had A2 jackets , while the Navy and Marines had M-422s. The Army flyers liked the mouton collars of the 422s so they had them put onto their A2 jackets . This could be a pure fantasy story about this jacket so I hope Ken will come along and give us the real story. Here’s the jacket:

View attachment 37488View attachment 37489View attachment 37490View attachment 37491View attachment 37492View attachment 37493View attachment 37494View attachment 37495
View attachment 37496

Just came across this via a PM from B-Man2

This is one of maybe a couple of dozen made in all spread out from late 1980s to early 20th Century
We found pics of two field modified A-2s in one of the huge CBI books (published in the 1970s I think), ..............these volumes are still in our factory library
This jacket above is one of that small run Lining looks like Spun Silk

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been visting VLJ far less these days, this place is getting like Groundhog Day, a vintage leather (non military) jacket on here is getting as rare as Rocking Horse Shit

the forum needs a new name

Vintage Military Jackets?
Replica Military Jackets?
5 Star Leather Forum?.................ok that one's my fault :)

fighterjock

1940's or 1950's Biker's or Luft Wannabe from old manufacturer's label, that I can make out Wien Austria, has heart shape with letters inside the heart U on top EKA below. And next to the heart on right hand side says KXXXDLER, X's are unreadable. Has box like Irvin Flight Jacket for zipper slide. Has Prym 6 snaps, and Zipp brand zippers, and Ritsch main body zipper with zipper box.

Attachments

• luft midnight.JPG
    luft midnight.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
  • HPIM1477 (2).JPG
    HPIM1477 (2).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 158
  • HPIM1496.JPG
    HPIM1496.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 127
  • luft zeke back.JPG
    luft zeke back.JPG