• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your...jacket that you're excited about right now

Vcruiser

They even put my name and date on the inside leather framed pocket.....
1599749324081.png

Nickb123

This thing...sitting on a hanger, tags still attached, am waiting for it to cool down and also not have the weather here resemble the apocalypse with all of the ash from the wildfires in the air.
754F77C0-072A-4ADD-9FC9-8DB71323C366.jpeg

Silver Surfer

My mut is ten-11 (rescue mut) and beginning to show his age. ( on our second shinba) Funny thing about dogs is regardless of age the spirit is always willing.......sometimes right up til the end. Just passing through, I reckon, just a little faster then us.

Vcruiser

Hey SS, This jacket is Thedi's gray washed buffalo ( which is actually a brownish gray ). These pics were taken in the shade. Where you can see some sun shining on it is probably closer to the actual color. I normal wear a size 40 in a jacket and in rare cases a 42, however this is an XL in Thedi size. I also have a washed tan buffalo in the same cross over style but a button up which is picture in ' What jacket are you wearing at the moment' thread.

busdrivermike

Currently I’m chuffed about this leather bomber I found at value village in my size for $24
It’s a roots approx 20 years old from when I remember them coming out
I always wanted one but they were pricey
It’s an interesting Canadian made version of an air comfort with underarm gussets /varsity style jacket
Thick and butter soft leather.
Don’t worry about the hanger, it’s temporary, I was cleaning and pecarding it
58EE4414-6F51-4511-807A-2D1F6E50F686.jpeg
AFC5646C-B40B-4020-8DF8-CD47C68A45AD.jpeg

F3C8FA12-592A-4AFE-8025-F303C086EAE0.jpeg
52A58CB7-A3D3-4AD8-A6FB-3100F26A12E6.jpeg
2688ED5A-8B7F-473A-89A3-A3746536C5D5.jpeg

busdrivermike

Good find, Mike - I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that has both a zipper and buttons all the way up the storm flap.
I’ve seen a lot , especially on parkas, sports teams jackets think it’s a cold wind comprise idea,
my Chicago police jacket is the same
Your in and out for a few minutes so unzipping and zipping is annoying so snaps are faster and beats holding your
Jacket closed and probably when out longer cold and wind you can keep the flap sealed against the zipper
I’ve noticed on my A2 if I ride in it on a chilly day the wind can get around the flap through the
Zipper but on my Chicago police jacket when zipped and snapped it doesn’t

Last edited:

D97x7

Hope this counts even though it's not leather. It's actually heavier than some of my jackets and is just so warm.
I got this as a replacement for one that was eaten by moths when it dawned on me that since then the amount of heating fuel I was using had increased quite a bit, anyway sorry it's not the greatest pic, I tried a smile :) but I am rather excited about it.
IMG_20200910_113059.jpg

B-Man2

Nick
I like it and it looks pretty nice. Is it a commercially made jumper , a military one , or a repro of a military one? Can we see the label ( just In case we’d like to find one like this?) Thanks

B-Man2

No I don't think there's any military connection, sorry. They used to call it the Larry Hagman but as I don't suppose that many people know of him now they've dropped that. View attachment 43282
Sure Larry Hagman from the TV Shows “I Dream of Genie” and “Dallas “ fame . Military or not, it looks like pretty good cold weather kit. Thanks for posting the label.
Cheers

Smithy

Hope this counts even though it's not leather. It's actually heavier than some of my jackets and is just so warm.
I got this as a replacement for one that was eaten by moths when it dawned on me that since then the amount of heating fuel I was using had increased quite a bit, anyway sorry it's not the greatest pic, I tried a smile :) but I am rather excited about it. View attachment 43281

Nick, I've got a shawl collar cardigan that the mother-in-law got me about 8 years ago which is very similar to that but in navy and which I absolutely love. I wear it a lot (it's one of those things I just throw on no matter what I'm up to) and it's still going strong which is testament to how you really can't beat wool.

Yours looks superb!