• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your...jacket that you're excited about right now

mulceber

Going off of Burt's "Show us your [insert Repro maker here]" series, I thought I'd make an even more open-ended thread. This one's for any jacket that you own that you think is particularly cool. Whether it's a repro or original, civilian or military, one that you wore today or one that you never get to wear, one that arrived yesterday or that you've owned for twenty years, all-time favorite or just one that's on your mind a lot lately, doesn't matter. We want to see it. :D

Since I've got this bully pulpit, I'll use this as an excuse to give you all a preview of a jacket that I'll be making a dedicated thread for in a month or two. This one's for people who look at the Rough Wear A-2 collar and say "nah, not big enough."

3964DD56-3A8A-4137-9E40-21284BA5FCA2_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

One of the all time best jackets I’ve ever owned and actually used as a flight jacket several years ago, was this LL Bean goatskin, sheepskin lined jacket that I used to take with me everywhere. It really does the job of keeping you warm in the air and on the ground. They don’t make them any longer but you can still find them around for really cheap money , $100-135.00. Well worth every penny.
52671325-717F-45CB-9359-E9CBAE840C0F.jpeg
B60DD92B-555E-4CE5-8AFA-4277D3F5B301.jpeg
A8AE9D13-394C-4080-8E2C-50E970444142.jpeg
F2C20879-6A29-4CE7-8199-3083DA67F471.jpeg

mulceber

That's a great looking jacket, Burt. The LL bean jacket is definitely on my list of ones to get.

Man, asked to pick items we're excited about, we both pick goatskin jackets. I think Tim might be getting to us! :p

Phrog Driver

Been excited about this one since the day they issued it to me. My original G1, issued June 1977, still fits. These things didn't get much flight time, flying mostly in the Pacific and Indian Oceans. But now used for important old guy tasks like dog walking and beer drinking. New collar, zipper and knits.
New g1 collar.jpg

Phrog Driver

Damn fine one, Phrog. Is that goatskin? Looks like it’s aged well, regardless.
Yeah, I believe its goat, mulceber. Its a Star Sportswear. Contract 7823E, so not collectable by anyone but me. Like I said, not alot of flying in it (which beats them up, what with the vest and flotation and harness on top of it. So it came through OK. I'll keep it around and pass it to the grandkids.

B-Man2

Since this is the anything goes section, I can’t help but post one of my all time favorite jackets. It’s not a flight jacket, but it traveled well over a 275,000.miles with me when I was riding Harley Davidsons for about 40 years . I sold the jacket when I sold my last Harley , a 1997 Road King with 90,000 miles on the odometer . Doesn’t really do well to wear a Harley jacket and then when someone asks what model Harley you’re riding , to tell them you don’t have one:rolleyes:
1B769D3D-5096-42DF-A96A-09A59AA3F4AA.jpeg
CA7142A1-63B6-4852-AF2F-BD42FBF76424.jpeg