• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Eastman A1s, A2’s, B-3s, B-6s, D-1s. Irvin’s. B-10s, B-15s, and Buzz Ricksons’ etc.

Marc mndt

Marc
Welcome to VLJ and the crazy hobby of spending large amounts of cash on jackets that never seem to fit the way that you’d like them to fit. Your ELC looks good on you and if you happen to look at some early period photos of people wearing originals of that jacket , you’ll see that they all fit tight. It’s crazy but you look good in that jacket . Wear it exclusively for a while and it will give and stretch a little. You’ll also begin to feel more comfortable in it .
On another note it’s good to chat with you and to see you posting .:)
Nice Iron Rangers !!
Thank you for your warm welcome. I was actually thinking about selling the A-1 because I only wear it once a year but now you're making me second guess. So cool seeing those period pics.

I own a bunch of leather jackets, some new but most vintage. Mostly civilian styles: halfbelt, aviators and motorcycle jackets.

Here's my archive on Instagram :

www.instagram.com/coolleatherjackets

198277B2-2E7F-4085-951B-49B9E5A65067.jpeg

CBI

Hello Marc - many of us recognize you from FL and all of your great jackets! Yes, I think the A-1 looks super. Surprised you question it as many of your posted jackets are pretty trim fitting???? The A-1 looks great. Welcome

Marc mndt

Thes A1's are very tight across the shoulders, that's why I wear a 44

Yep, the 22.5" ptp is doable for a size 42 but the shoulders are tight. I cannot comfortable button it up to the top button.

Do you still own the A1 with the amazing wear? If I remember correctly it was previously owned by someone who's visually impaired?

2E66DA87-1C23-4A55-B628-2EF2D4F9081A.jpeg

Chandler

I bought an A-1 a long time ago, but was hesitant on the style (and cost -- even though I was much more flush with cash, back then).

I returned it (to HPA) because I just wasn't sure -- but many of the examples I'm seeing on VLJ have me interested.

Marc mndt

On the contrary, I think he should consider passing it on within the Dutch domestic market.
@Marc mndt : Marc, next time we meet bring this with you! Welcome by the way, no idea you were a member here as well!
I'm ready to move it on, I have a couple more jackets incoming and zero closet space left. The jacket is like new, it even comes with the original packaging. The capeskin is really easy wearing. I think it'd look great on you!

I've been a member here for some time but never actively posting.

D73C28B1-1A42-4D64-BD5D-90434AA965CB.jpeg
8AC94D9F-E81A-4FE1-BDC2-9DBE9E108A1D.jpeg
6392E3FF-19BD-4144-861E-D5E7758E1ED5.jpeg
6C6CF696-4097-4AC7-BCB1-41464652735A.jpeg
FED57751-F866-4EA8-95CD-82BDA39AD933.jpeg

Harris_HTM

I'm ready to move it on, I have a couple more jackets incoming and zero closet space left. The jacket is like new, it even comes with the original packaging. The capeskin is really easy wearing. I think it'd look great on you!

View attachment 82641View attachment 82642View attachment 82643View attachment 82644View attachment 82645
As soon as I'm back home I'll give you a call, it's time to arrange another meeting anyway!

Chandler

View attachment 82641View attachment 82642View attachment 82643View attachment 82644View attachment 82645
Well, those sleeves don't look "like new," but that's also not a bad thing! ;)

Chandler

By the way, they come creased new out of the box.
The one I'd bought (from ELC/HPA) didn't, but I don't really recall what hide it was back then (first year available, if anyone recalls).

All that aside, there was no harm meant -- your jacket looks terrific and will be a great addition to someone's collection.