• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your “Vintage” Good Wear Jackets.

blackrat2

8DD95F75-175F-4021-9B95-C9FF58836FAE.jpeg
670B743B-3B79-4CEA-BF00-3186E9FCD815.jpeg
So here is my Aero, had this a number of years now, can’t recall how many
Included my Zippo which Is black crackle and has the missing number in the patent

49C92304-5552-406E-9CB4-78CE7BF7AE05.jpeg

51579747-F590-49BB-B6FA-12CC542A18CC.jpeg
7D150C40-E908-434B-A0E8-32724A7962C3.jpeg
FFA1D9B0-B0B9-4E72-BC56-94E27D6A479A.jpeg

Silver Surfer

even though most of you guys have seen this one, I thought to show it yet again. made with shinki hides that have aged beautifully, and are butter soft.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_105.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_106.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_107.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_108.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104.jpg
speaking of aero 16160 a-2s, here are a coupla pix of the one jc made for me, after he used my original for his patterns. after owning it for some several years and giving it some real time wear, I sold it, only to buy it back from vli member who I had sold it to. I replaced the original "acme" [John did not have aero tags] with a 1610 aero tase that I sourced from Japan. the 7th ? pursuit group [wheeler field dec. 6 1941 patch is hand made from Sean, and the Hawaiian coastal defense patch is well original.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_106.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_106.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 152

Silver Surfer

once again, I've been out witted by tech.the costal patch is wwll orginal, not well as seen above. dunno where the shinki hides part went, but the jacket is made of shinki hides, that have age beautifully and are butter soft. also, the jacket is a lot redder in the pix then in life.

B-Man2

Another rare beauty .... Fortunately you were able to buy it back. An advantage to selling jackets here on the forum rather than EBay.

Micawber

Ok I will bite and throw this one in the ring. I may dig more out if or when the fancy takes me..

My 46" GW Star in light russet that I purchased second hand some time ago. I began to feel this one was a little tight so offered it for sale but received little interest ...other than monkey dealers on eBay making low ball offers so it stayed here*. Came with a name tag that I changed for one of my own, then decided to patch it with one of my own as a tribute to a good friend and his crew ...who were all good friends. It's a lovely and eye catching jacket that has received quite a bit of attention when I've worn in ...and that has been quite a lot.

JC if you are following this thread please do drop me a line if you recall this one - many thanks.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

* FAO said dealer on eBay who buys cheap [on ebay] and attempts to sell [soon after on eBay] with a handsome profit. IF you happen to read this: Get real mate, if you buy on the 'bay everyone can see what your markup is when you try to flog them using the same venue. Don't tell me the jacket is patched ...because I know ...and don't think I'm going to bite your arm off for an offer of 250 quid. Sling your hook, I was not born yesterday:D

Last edited:

B-Man2

Ok I will bite and throw this one in the ring. I may dig more out if or when the fancy takes me..

My 46" GW Star in light russet that I purchased second hand some time ago. I began to feel this one was a little tight so offered it for sale but received little interest ...other than monkey dealers on eBay making low ball offers so it stayed here*. Came with a name tag that I changed for one of my own, then decided to patch it with one of my own as a tribute to a good friend and his crew ...who were all good friends. It's a lovely and eye catching jacket that has received quite a bit of attention when I've worn in ...and that has been quite a lot.

JC if you are following this thread please do drop me a line if you recall this one - many thanks.

View attachment 42759

View attachment 42760

View attachment 42761

View attachment 42762

View attachment 42763

View attachment 42764

* FAO said dealer on eBay who buys cheap [on ebay] and attempts to sell [soon after on eBay] with a handsome profit. IF you happen to read this: Tet real mate, if you buy on the 'bay everyone can see what your markup is when you try to flog them. Don't tell me the jacket is patched ...because I know ...and don't think I'm going to bite your arm off for an offer of 250 quid. Sling your hook, I wasn't born yesterday:D
I really like that patch ;)
I’ve never seen it fail that whenever you’re selling your stuff to a dealer, it’s always shit and the market for it is down right now, and you’re fortunate to get what he’s offering you. Whenever you’re buying something from a dealer, his stuff is mint and worth every penny he’s asking for it, and it’s a rare item, that commands a premium price as there are so few available on the market. Amazingly enough, once you sell your shit to the dealer , that item now amazingly transforms to a mint item, that is worth every dollar he’s asking for it. Huh !! What ?? ...,How’s that happen:oops:

Last edited:

blackrat2

If memory serves me right, mine was Horween
Has the NOS bits fitted which I think is a nice touch to compliment the jacket

Silver Surfer

hmmmmm.....funny [curious] how those russet shinki hides look so red when photographed in sun light....I though it was just my screw up or camera, or.... odd, what?

stanier

View attachment 42740View attachment 42741So here is my Aero, had this a number of years now, can’t recall how many
Included my Zippo which Is black crackle and has the missing number in the patent
View attachment 42740
View attachment 42740
View attachment 42741
View attachment 42742
View attachment 42743View attachment 42744View attachment 42745View attachment 42741

Lovely jacket, but a question I've been meaning to ask is for sometime is, why do some jackets, particularly repro US jackets, have extra, extra long size labels? As in the size then a lot of spare rayon?

Silver Surfer

Bulk up, hahahahaha. Somehow, I just don’t think it’s going to happen, as it haven’t for 71 years+, regardless of how much pasta I down with vino, vodka, beer, etc and god knows what the hell else. Man, I’ve tried to add some heft, but I burn it off like instantly. High metabolism? Tape worms? Nervous energy? It sure as shit aint from chasing the pretty young ones anymore, Or just some kinda genetic imprint. No complaints, since I can still shoe horn my ass into size 30 up to 32 Levi’s, depending on shrinkage. Though, there is this little pot amid section that doesn’t want to go away, hahahahaha.

Members online

Latest posts