• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us What You’ve Got. AVI, S&M, DD, Lost Worlds, 5 Star, Nobel House, Sheeley USN, ( and any others we missed)

Enigma1938

Here's my AVI G-1.
Although it is an overall great jacket I decided to make some little changes. I replaced the knits with some rib rack ones from mash japan and replaced the strange reddish buttons with some I had removed from an old torn M-43 field jacket years ago. It's a jacket I really love to wear and do it way more often than my high replicas.

Attachments

• PicsArt_09-19-02.57.24.jpg
    PicsArt_09-19-02.57.24.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
  • 20200919_145513.jpg
    20200919_145513.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 258

elfraty

as requested, the back. Detail: collar is made of horse hide. Stitching is not super straight as I see in the eastman version. But I am really happy with this one. The sheepskin has a nice and firm grip and very thick and warm. They say they use sheep from Peru. But I'm not really sure. The company is stationed in Ulm Germany. They produce the jackets in Venezuela.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Thanks for posting . I like your jacket it looks for the most part like an authentic Irvin flight jacket with one exception, which you probably know, that the WWII Irvin’s didn’t have pockets . They were very impractical from the point of carrying something, but the flight pants made from sheepskin had pockets for maps etc. Did you specifically have pockets added to your jacket or did you purchase it that way ?

elfraty

Thanks for posting . I like your jacket it looks for the most part like an authentic Irvin flight jacket with one exception, which you probably know, that the WWII Irvin’s didn’t have pockets . They were very impractical from the point of carrying something, but the flight pants made from sheepskin had pockets for maps etc. Did you specifically have pockets added to your jacket or did you purchase it that way ?
They sell 'm with pockets. I bought it before I discovered this forum and had no idea about authentic details like that. But slowly and surely I'm being dragged in the die hard world of the repro jackets, especially the irvins and the B3's which I personally love the most

B-Man2

They sell 'm with pockets. I bought it before I discovered this forum and had no idea about authentic details like that. But slowly and surely I'm being dragged in the die hard world of the repro jackets, especially the irvins and the B3's which I personally love the most
[/QUOT
I’ve always like the style and look of the Irvin. It’s just got Panache...

ties70

That Werber is a ripper Ties!

Thanks Trevor,

but to be honest...it was one of the jackets I had for only a short time.
I needed this Werber so badly, traded lots of stuff to finance it, got it...and it was never able to match the high expectations I had in it....

...the time-worn finish looked unconvincing..
...the zipper was sticky...
...my wife hated the color...
...the hook construction ripped hair out of my beard...

Sounds like a lot of nitpicking that couldn't have been solved by hard wear, some graphite and a shave? Yeah, told myself the same and did not return the jacket immediately....

It became a "hanger queen"instead...and was quickly sold on.

Ties

Nickb123

I have a DD Poughkeepsie in cowhide. The jacket came from Pilot and there were some minor issues. I bought the jacket for my father but he didn't like it and gave it back to me. At first glance I didn't like it either but I started wearing it and the jacket develops fine. It is a good jacket with a nice drape. The cowhide is suple but very thick ( just over 1 mm) and heavy and therefore less comfortable to wear. BTW: are there any specifications for the thickness of cowhide? I've posted some pics earlier but here in the new thread some pics in daylight. View attachment 43473View attachment 43474View attachment 43477View attachment 43478View attachment 43479View attachment 43480View attachment 43476

What a color!

Bremspropeller

Had the XL version of the BoB jacket delivered to me today. It was too large, so I returned it, asking them to send me a size M. I liked the colour a lot. Unfortunately, their web-site and ebay-site have different sizing-tips based on chest circumference.
So now, I chose the figure based on ebay and a little bit of imagination - hoping for the best...

The jacket comes with two zipped pockets, which are fairly deep and add a duckton of EDC capability over the historical Irvin.
I'll try to post fit-pics when the final fit arrives...

B-Man2

Had the XL version of the BoB jacket delivered to me today. It was too large, so I returned it, asking them to send me a size M. I liked the colour a lot. Unfortunately, their web-site and ebay-site have different sizing-tips based on chest circumference.
So now, I chose the figure based on ebay and a little bit of imagination - hoping for the best...

The jacket comes with two zipped pockets, which are fairly deep and add a duckton of EDC capability over the historical Irvin.
I'll try to post fit-pics when the final fit arrives...
Appreciate that ... would enjoy seeing it .
Cheers

Bremspropeller

Okay, so here are some pics of my Noble House's Irvin "Battle of Britain".
I figure the shots aren't quite hi quality, but if you need some specifics, just let me know.

I'm 1.80'ish and roundabout 82kg (give or take). This is a size M. At first, I ordered an XL, which was way too sackish and long in the arms.
The XL jacked had a little more of a russet-touch and had a slightly nicer contrast between the sewn-on panels and the shell leather.

NH's ebay-site suggested size M for a chest-circumference between 100-105cm and it seems to fit quite well.
The fur is so long, you probaly won't ever wear anything thicker than a thin sweatshirt underneath.

IMG_3386.JPG
Overall fit - I'm quite happy with it.
IMG_3387.JPG
Some creasing and wrinkles.
IMG_3388.JPG
The fur is quite long and the jacket is quite warm. The pockets are quite deep and will easily take care of your EDC belongings.
IMG_3389.JPG
Front side with the zippered pocket.
IMG_3393.JPG
Arm-zippers opened.
IMG_3395.JPG
Rear side.
IMG_3396.JPG
Rear side detail with some creasing.
IMG_3398.JPG
Collar up - it doesn't feature the original Irvin band.
IMG_3400.JPG
Throat cloasure.

In closing I think that if you're into an Irvin'ish general look, you've got quite a good deal here. Especially when you're not a rivet-counting authenticity enthusiast.
The EDC-capability of the pockets is another large plus.

You might want to consider looking up their store at Ulm, Germany if you want to looks through fits of different jackets. Jackets might also differ a little by colour-finish, which adds a nice individual touch, but might be annoying to you when you send back a jacket that didn't fit well but which was absolutely right in terms of colour and contrast.

B-Man2

Brems
Thanks for those photos . That really is a pretty nice jacket and I think you’re spot on in your review. I for one , often get caught up in the minutia of collecting WWII flight jackets and repros of those jackets. As a result, I overlook that there are a herd of nice repros out there that may not be the epitome of authenticity, but are good quality look alike jackets at reasonable prices . One of my many short comings for sure. Your jacket looks great. Wear the piss out of it, enjoy it, and congrats !
Cheers