• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your caps!

Serghei87

Hi folks!

I want to buy a nice cap to use with the jackets but i do not know what brands are there apart from the mainstream ones

Can you show me your caps and brand name?

Show me what you got! :)

Cheers!

busdrivermike

These are the hats I wear, the peak caps are from sterkowski of Poland, great quality great prices,
I have a thing for 50s motorcycle, delivery/taxi driver hats.
The flat cap in leather is London fog, $3 at a value village and a Tilley hat, I’ve had for over 20 years
It’s been a great solid hat, mainly for hot summer or rainy days for me, it’s been packed in suitcases
Saddlebags yet still looks good.
F94070AA-3734-4643-A6BF-E1314C9283D6.jpeg
FCB6FD2C-B788-451A-8C4F-8CBF91001424.jpeg
017BAD34-013C-4D48-B85A-3FD0939BA6DD.jpeg
B52976A5-DBFE-42B1-91AA-29D6AAEDC693.jpeg

Serghei87

These are the hats I wear, the peak caps are from sterkowski of Poland, great quality great prices,
I have a thing for 50s motorcycle, delivery/taxi driver hats.
The flat cap in leather is London fog, $3 at a value village and a Tilley hat, I’ve had for over 20 years
It’s been a great solid hat, mainly for hot summer or rainy days for me, it’s been packed in suitcases
Saddlebags yet still looks good.
View attachment 32936View attachment 32937View attachment 32939View attachment 32940
Cool hats :)

mulceber

I’ve had great experience with hat people (http://hatpeople.com/). Here’s a picture of me wearing their Apple Cap with a B-3:
D98F0651-13C3-442A-8C47-550ED4102F9F.jpeg
The thing I like about their hats over every other newsboy I’ve owned is that they don’t put cardboard or leather in the bill. Having a stiff bill may be more period authentic, but the cap is EXTREMELY comfortable without it. Most of the time I forget I’m wearing it, and it sticks to my head very well. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good newsboycap.

Smithy

Got two flat cap/newsboy jobs, one a Stetson and the other this surprisingly nice vintage looking thing from H&M, a tweed Greek fisherman thing that looks a bit like a crusher, an RNZAF baseball style cap and a Melbourne Demons cap, and a very daggy and ancient NZ Black Caps cap which is more beer than cap.

NOS Diamond Luxembourg Crusher (Custom)..

Bought via a US Army SSG... cost me $56 to ship half a dozen packets of Tim Tams, two Vegemite tubes and some Caramello Koalas to thank him..

Vegemite? To thank someone? Seems unlikely.... LOL... I was unfortunate enough to sample Vegemite when working with some Aussie helicopter technicians while in Afghanistan in 2011 and I think the taste has finally just subsided...

Skip

It’s a taste that needs maturing overtime, so that delicate aroma and textured black velvetiness can eventually be fully appreciated on a slab of home made bush damper and a keg of Tooheys or two ;)

Smithy

Vegemite is food of the gods. Grew up on the stuff, and the usual thing on toast as soon as you get teeth. My eldest who was 4 when we left Melbourne will have a fit if there's no Vegemite in the house. Thankfully kind family and friend care packages keep us well stocked.

Although Vegemite has the edge, Kiwi marmite is pretty good too. British marmite sadly isn't up to scratch.

Smithy

No surprise something British is shit ......everyone rubbishes everything British.... Eastman, food etc, etc .... we are used to it

What the fuck is your problem? First you throw all your toys out of the cot like a total dick in the "What are you wearing" thread the other day, now you throw a wobbly because someone says they don't like British marmite.

Know what? I don't like it, it tastes like shit. But what do you care? If someone here said they hated Aussie Vegemite or Kiwi Marmite I couldn't give a flying fuck. Know why? Because it's a fucking breakfast spread. Not exactly of world-shattering consequence.

Talk about passive aggressive. Grow up and stop being an over-sensitive tit.

Officer Dibley

What the fuck is your problem? First you throw all your toys out of the cot like a total dick in the "What are you wearing" thread the other day, now you throw a wobbly because someone says they don't like British marmite.

Know what? I don't like it, it tastes like shit. But what do you care? If someone here said they hated Aussie Vegemite or Kiwi Marmite I couldn't give a flying fuck. Know why? Because it's a fucking breakfast spread. Not exactly of world-shattering consequence.

Talk about passive aggressive. Grow up and stop being an over-sensitive tit.

Ah Smithy, i apologise profusely for upsetting you as the self appointed king of the forum, i totally forgot my place. I must try harder to bow to your superior knowledge and be sensutive of your super thin skin and not dare to have an opinion that deviates from yours.... i thought i could have an opinion of my own and share it like you so frequently do.
I hardly threw a wobbly. Calling me a dick, using the “F” word, those are signs of a wobbly.....Get a sense of reality old chap. It’s just a forum and i, like you, am a nobody.
But thanks for making me smile ;)