• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder droop on Eastman

percy

i was actually considering an eastman house a2, as i want steerhide and that seems to be the only version they offer.

any preferences (pics of both) to their lighter or darker jackets and should i be ordering my correct size or one smaller?

thanks

Chandler

percy said:
i was actually considering an eastman house a2

Sizing is so difficult (in any jacket manufacturer, IMHO) -- I have an ELC Star steerhide in, an ELC RW 27752 in horse, and a Gibson & Barnes goatskin -- all in 44, all with different fits. FWIW, I like the Star about the best and it fits me just about right.

My best advice would be to use measurements from an A-2 you might already have (or a friends or a similar jacket) that fits well. Take the measurements and ask the sales people what they think would be a best fit. Try-ons are easier, but if you can't go thru the back-and-forth shipping, it becomes a real pain. Makes me wish I was near Duxford or other places where the big manufacturers show their wares.

Chandler