• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping from UK

Lignemaginot

So, I've bought an old Eastman CBI A-2 out of the UK.

The auction says that shipping to the US will be GBP25, for "Royal Mail International Signed-for".

I paid the GBP25, and have now received an email saying that he "slipped up" on the shipping cost, and has had to pay GBP10 extra just to ship it by surface. Rather than Royal Mail, it's going surface by Parcel Force and may arrive in three weeks or so.

Granted he didn't ask me to pay another GBP10, but I'm still not thrilled about having to wait a minimum of three weeks. Should I be pissed, or just shut up?

havocpaul

I feel embarrassed when I have to quote the shipping prices from the UK, anything other than books over 2kg have now to go via Parcelforce (or similar) who charge outrageous prices. I recently sold an A-2 to Australia and in order to avoid the Parcelforce prices (check their website for a laugh...they call it volumic size/weight whatever that really is, apparently size plus weight etc) I had to pack it into a large 'jiffy-bag' so it could go International Signed For with insurance. DHL and other similar courriers are no better either, someone here is making big bucks out of our (poor) postal service. Risking service mail is not a wise option either and Parcelforce have a bad reputation for 'losing' items along the way...rip-off Britain is fact not fiction...