• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously ?

Pilot

Agree, since larger wearble originals are only 900 Euro plus Courier shipping... :cool:

917_k

It looks like it’s a charity shop that have an eBay account and have listed it, so likely the staff have just found the RRP and don’t really know about these things, which I suppose we can forgive. They’re hardly experts on the jacket market and are also naturally trying to get as much as they possibly can. In my experience charity shops either massively overvalue stuff because they just look at the RRP, or they have absolutely no idea what something is and just totally under value it (like an RAF type B flying helmet I saw listed earlier in the year as ‘old leather flying hat’ and sold for peanuts compared to the true value).

What’s perhaps a little more surprising is someone donated that jacket, as in they just gave it away to the charity shop......

Saint-ex

When my great father died, I was not present to empty the house.
I later learned that my parents and my brother had donated old handguns "because it was old, it was not worth anything" :eek:

tjoenn

When my great father died, I was not present to empty the house.
I later learned that my parents and my brother had donated old handguns "because it was old, it was not worth anything" :eek:
My grandfather used the barrels from his old muzzle-loaders as fence posts... he figured they were worthless after he got new guns. I almost didn't believe it until I saw a fence-post with a nipple for the percussion cap :(

917_k

Hmm, well I stuck a stupid low ball offer of £500 and they’ve accepted..... I’ve absolutely no idea if a 40 will fit me (normally wear a 40, but is the fleece in this likely to mean I’d need a bigger size) or indeed if I really need it.

MikeyB-17

Well played. I’d have thought you’d be OK, fleece depth should be taken into account by manufacturers with sizing. If you’re normally a 40”, it ought to fit. You’ll need some pretty cold weather to wear it though! If you wanted to do something about those scuffs, I find this stuff works great for covering them up-I use the dark brown, which is pretty much a bang-on match for my Aero B-3.
AE33D13A-294A-4331-8851-BFF09C4E894D.jpeg

John Lever

Hmm, well I stuck a stupid low ball offer of £500 and they’ve accepted..... I’ve absolutely no idea if a 40 will fit me (normally wear a 40, but is the fleece in this likely to mean I’d need a bigger size) or indeed if I really need it.
When I learned it was a charity seller I contacted them to say the jacket was over valued. They gave a very civil reply to say they had all been on a course and it policy to follow issued guidelines on pricing from internet values. The correspondent agreed the price was too high.
I suggested a bin of 500
Looks like they took my advice.
500 is a fair price considering the condition which looks quite worn. A jacket like this from around 2005 might not have cost much more when new.

917_k

Thanks guys. Honestly, I stuck the £500 offer in never expecting them to accept, so it’s not something I was necessarily prepared to own. Anyway, they’ve been paid so I’ll see what it’s like. It does look a little worn but the fleece looks pretty good, so maybe I can treat the scuffs as per @MikeyB-17 suggestion (thanks for the heads up on that).

MikeyB-17

Not a problem. I got mine from a local shoe repairer, but you can get it online. I asked for the darkest brown they had, which turned out to be the Dark Brown (surprise! :D). I use it for the ‘sueded’ areas on my B-3 and you can’t even see it once it’s done-although it might not be quite so invisible on deeper scuffs.

917_k

Well it arrived today and I must say it’s a gorgeous jacket. It fits a treat and actually the condition is very good. The scuffs are on one of the arms, around the elbow and aren’t massively noticeable, the rest of it is really good and the fleece looks unworn. This is a problem, as I really don’t need it but now I love it.....

(will post some pics later)

MikeyB-17

Looks good. The stuff I told you about would sort those scuffs, but they don’t look that bad, and give it a bit of character.

917_k

Yep, I’m really happy with this. It’s more practical than the ELC B3 I own and arguably just as warm. I’m going to leave the scuffs for the moment, because they aren’t really noticeable.

917_k

I'm going to be a party pooper ad say it looks a little short

Given the choice I’d probably add an inch or two, but I can get away with it. In the photo I’m wearing a BR jumper which ive pulled down, so the jacket is basically sitting on the waist of my jeans, which are also sitting a bit low.

petermack09

Out of curiosity how tall are you.I own the same jacket but a size 44,,love it & having snaps is a bonus.

917_k

Out of curiosity how tall are you.I own the same jacket but a size 44,,love it & having snaps is a bonus.

Im about 6ft. This is a size 40 jacket, but I also have a B3 in size 42, so tend to drift between few sizes (probably bigger after all this lockdown inactivity.....)