• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously contemplating a Buzz Rickson L-2A - sizing questions remain

Griffon_301

Hey guys!

thought I´d post this question here: as said, I am seriously contemplating buying a BR L-2A for the times of the year, when the shearlings and the B-15s have long gone to the boxes for a well deserved rest;
but I am not quite sure about the sizing;
according to the History Preservation site, a L-2A in size 44 seems to be quite large to me (26 - 27" depending on the type of L-2A);
I usually wear either size 44 or size 46, depending on the jacket and the cut; as I would like to have a rather trim fit on the L-2A, I am not sure if size 42 would not be better for me in that case;

any hints and tips welcome... (or maybe I just get me a proper A-2 or a M-422a :D)

s4rmark

Hi, griffon. I find with most Buzz Ricksons jackets it’s best to go down a size. For example I normally take a size 40r , but in Buzz I take a size 38r for the same fit ( which is trim ).I recently purchased a couple of L2 jackets from a member on this forum and look forward to spring so they can get some wear.

Griffon_301

Thanks a lot - that seems to confirm my suspicions.
I bought a 37J1 recently in 44 and it seems to be roomy to say the least :)
So if I am intending to wear just a shirt or long sleeve underneath a 42 might be good or should I take a 44 to have a little room for a sweater as well?

Oh and btw did someone here order via buyee already?

Rutger

The 42 depending on your build you may find even that one to be relatively roomy.
I wear the L-2A in 40 and L-2B in large, and I am a 44 normally (42-44 for the CWU-36 for example, 44 in Eastman).
But you won't know until you actually have one…..

ausreenactor

Been using Buyee for a while. Very easy and cheap.

Go the size down. BR have re-released the green knit version! If you want to mix it up?

B-Man2

Hey guys!

thought I´d post this question here: as said, I am seriously contemplating buying a BR L-2A for the times of the year, when the shearlings and the B-15s have long gone to the boxes for a well deserved rest;
but I am not quite sure about the sizing;
according to the History Preservation site, a L-2A in size 44 seems to be quite large to me (26 - 27" depending on the type of L-2A);
I usually wear either size 44 or size 46, depending on the jacket and the cut; as I would like to have a rather trim fit on the L-2A, I am not sure if size 42 would not be better for me in that case;

any hints and tips welcome... (or maybe I just get me a proper A-2 or a M-422a :D)
Well ... as it turns out today I received my new Buzz Rickson L2A in a size 44. I’m 6’1 “ tall and 220lbs. The size 44 BR has the following measurements :
Shoulders 21.5 inches
Pit to pit. 26.5 inches
Sleeves. 27 inches
Rear collar down back 26.5 inches
Hope this helps!
Cheers
B-Man2

717E11F2-B526-428C-B4E2-C5128C0E2635.jpeg

Griffon_301

Gentlemen thank you so much for your answers, you all have been a really great help!
@ausreenactor and B-Man2: That are nice looking jackets!
I guess I will go down on the size to a 42 then, as I want the L-2a to look rather trim for the warmer times of the year and I just want to wear a shirt or thin long sleeve underneath ... Now over to buyee to check for an appropriate jacket :)

stanier

Really like that Buzz L2-a with green knits, and it looks great on you B-man2.

Those dimensions sound huge for a 44, what size do you normally take?

I think I could get away with a 38 or even a 36! I haven’t been able to get into anything 36 inch chest for 30 odd years!

B-Man2

Really like that Buzz L2-a with green knits, and it looks great on you B-man2.

Those dimensions sound huge for a 44, what size do you normally take?

I think I could get away with a 38 or even a 36! I haven’t been able to get into anything 36 inch chest for 30 odd years!
Hi Stanier
Thanks for the kind words.
The jacket does run large for a size 44. I’m normally a size 46 and in some jackets like a G1 I can go up to a 48. I would recommend that anyone thinking about this jacket to contact the seller, and find out the measurements for their particular size, in order to get the fit they like.
Cheers

Nickb123

Definitely your true size or one size down for a trim fit. I felt like the L-2A was a tad bigger than the L-2.