• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Separating zipper

Can a separating zipper be used in an application where a non separating zipper would normally be used? I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t if it’s sewed so the pull doesn’t reach the end correct?

Another ambitious project haha. Trying to make a 10 footer F-1 heated suit. I have an original for display but want to make one to wear under my A-4 that looks the part. Most zippers I find in a suitable length are all separating, but I don’t need that feature for this.

ausreenactor

Another ambitious project haha. Trying to make a 10 footer F-1 heated suit. I have an original for display but want to make one to wear under my A-4 that looks the part. Most zippers I find in a suitable length are all separating, but I don’t need that feature for this.

Separation will let you get the inner suit off without taking off your boots! Go for it.