• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on ebay advice

Hey Guys

I've not been on here for a while as I;ve managed to get out of the Jacket bug.
So I've decided to sell a few off and I've put an ELC Air Comfort and BR M-422 A on ebay,
I;m wondering where is good place to boxes for posting jackets from - any ideas please .
Also what is a fair price for the BR M422A in good condition ?

thanks for your help

Thanks Pilot for that
I’ve had an offer for £300 but I think that’s to low - got a lot of watchers as well

Any idea where to get boxes to post jackets from ?

Cheers

Micawber

I see you are in the UK so boxes can be had for no cost from a lot of supermarkets and shops. Ebay is but one selling venue, and an expensive one at that.

Thanks Michener

I looked in the super market but they were all too big - or do folks just put the jackets in an oversized box ?

Wish I’d kept the ELC ones

ausreenactor

Thanks Pilot for that
I’ve had an offer for £300 but I think that’s to low - got a lot of watchers as well

Any idea where to get boxes to post jackets from ?

Cheers

Go for bags or padded envelopes to keep weight down. Do you have 'Officeworks' in the UK?

Offer signature on delivery and offer insurance. PayPal does protect your item in transit but only if you meet certain conditions.

I have never had an issue with sales on eBay. Lots of pics and lots of verbiage about the jacket.

Good luck!

A2 B3au

Hey Guys

I've not been on here for a while as I;ve managed to get out of the Jacket bug.
So I've decided to sell a few off and I've put an ELC Air Comfort and BR M-422 A on ebay,
I;m wondering where is good plafor posting jackets from - any ideas please .
Also what is a fair price for the BR M422A in good condition ?
Is that your air comfort size 40
thanks for your help

Thanks guys for the advice , I’ll head down to the post office tomorrow I think and see if they have any boxes .
Do you know if PayPal seller protection covers damage in transit or should I insure it ?

Pilot

My 1ct input...Never use cheap boxing, nor shipping...Go for the best and highest...
In case of any issue..you’r safe... DHL, UPS, FEDEX, TNT, EMS etc...offer hard paper boxes...sealed...registered, traceable, insured the highest possible... ( stealing / thefting impossible and if so...you are protected...and yes it happens...)...You pay cheap...you get cheap...Besides...the buyer will pay for packing/shipping...so go for the smallest possible risk....since if you get paid via Paypal...they have YOU on the B..L(s)
Post office...for me no more...DHL Express international ( not DHL postal...)yes it costs more...but you are safe...insured...and if the buyer dont like to pay for more...buyer buys elsewhere .;)

Last edited:

ausreenactor

My 1ct input...Never use cheap boxing, nor shipping...Go for the best and highest...
In case of any issue..you’r safe... DHL, UPS, FEDEX, TNT, EMS etc...offer hard paper boxes...sealed...registered, traceable, insured the highest possible... ( stealing / thefting impossible and if so...you are protected...and yes it happens...)...You pay cheap...you get cheap...Besides...the buyer will pay for packing/shipping...so go for the smallest possible risk....since if you get paid via Paypal...they have YOU on the B..L(s)
Post office...for me no more...DHL Express international ( not DHL postal...)yes it costs more...but you are safe...insured...and if the buyer dont like to pay for more...buyer buys elsewhere .;)

You won't sell anything on eBay that way. Agree on robust boxes and a bit of bubble wrap though. Tracking every time and signature on delivery.

Only ever had one PayPal claim for a 'lost' jacket. Claim made, funds frozen, paperwork faxed to PayPal in the dictated 24 hours (Boxing Day!). Funds released back to account. Jacket came back three months later 'Return to Sender' (in French). Got paid... got the jacket back too. Real McCoy Perry! Winning.

Pilot

You won't sell anything on eBay that way. Agree on robust boxes and a bit of bubble wrap though. Tracking every time and signature on delivery.

Only ever had one PayPal claim for a 'lost' jacket. Claim made, funds frozen, paperwork faxed to PayPal in the dictated 24 hours (Boxing Day!). Funds released back to account. Jacket came back three months later 'Return to Sender' (in French). Got paid... got the jacket back too. Real McCoy Perry! Winning.
Agree 1000% ... I will not sell on Ebay...
My last sale there dates from 2015.
( even if Paypal is not mandatory witin EU Ebay sites..)
Believe or not, I still sell... even to members here... and contacts ... at my conditions... .:)

Last edited: