• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Self isolation

petermack09

That’s it,,reached the point were I need to break free,,it’s dry roads and 4deg ,,now just need to decide what to ride.jacket is my vanson model E,,
B504B759-2485-4B9D-A4C4-D84C5F196809.jpeg

petermack09

I took the triumph,,absolutely freezing,seemed like a good idea at the time now thawing out for next 3 hours :)

ButteMT61

Good on you @petermack09 !!!
I've been looking on Craigslist again for a bike. Made the decision to not ride any longer due to cellphone using morons, but right now, a ride sure sounds good! Ride safe :)

petermack09

Good on you @petermack09 !!!
I've been looking on Craigslist again for a bike. Made the decision to not ride any longer due to cellphone using morons, but right now, a ride sure sounds good! Ride safe :)
Do it Butte,,ive been riding since my early teens,50 years ago & im convinced it keeps me going mentally.Its a great hobby and feels great to put on the gear and be a kid again.only problem in Scotland is the weather ,I only manage to get a couple of hundred miles in each year,,so much for global warming,,,bring it on :)

petermack09

Yip absolutely,,managed out again today,4 days in a row now ,,hot water bottle stuck down the jockeys now trying to recover,,might have been a good idea to wait till slightly warmer weather. :)
2543D6F4-2A74-4B5C-AE12-7CE56837BC31.jpeg
7321A19C-7393-43A0-B315-822D7CA3483B.jpeg

Last edited:

33-1729

Nice Fizzer.

My brother-in-law back home nearly bought one of those a year or two back, a black one in mint condition. In the end he bought a new boat. Still wants one though the last I spoke to him about it.

Good ones are really hard to find. I spent three months flying around the country looking at “perfect” examples and they went from unsafe-to-drive (really, I didn’t) to the one I purchased (from a family that started purchasing them since the early 1950’s). It’s the nicest one my mechanic has seen (one of his clients has six of them), so I feel pretty good about my purchase. Like the Morini above, I can’t recommend them highly enough. They're just plain fun.

Smithy

Good ones are really hard to find. I spent three months flying around the country looking at “perfect” examples and they went from unsafe-to-drive (really, I didn’t) to the one I purchased (from a family that started purchasing them since the early 1950’s). It’s the nicest one my mechanic has seen (one of his clients has six of them), so I feel pretty good about my purchase. Like the Morini above, I can’t recommend them highly enough. They're just plain fun.

The one my brother-in-law was looking at had less than 20k km on the clock and in absolutely mint condition. He sent me photos and the leather was unbelievable. It had won a few trophies at car shows. I think it was almost in too good condition for him. In the end he was after a new boat and splashed his readies out on that.

But he told me he still wants one for a weekend car. He's obsessed with speed (he was in the national downhill and Super-G teams back in the day) and has a jet boat, and currently an RS6, and a Porsche GT3.

ausreenactor

Go to work LOTS!!

Great looking automobile. Pretty uncommon in Australia; however, quite reasonably priced when the pop up second hand.

Enjoy!