• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sefton Clothing Company A-2

917_k

Evening All,

Hope it’s okay me posting this here. I have absolutely no affiliation to the seller and merely thought someone on the forum may be interested in what seems to be quite a highly regarded repro A-2, but is a crappy listing likely to fly under the radar.
(I came across it trawling Ebay and having never heard of Sefton did some research on this forum)

The photos are rubbish and the seller hasn’t helped themselves with the listing title. Was going to stick a bid myself, but the size is way too big for me and the blood chit put me off.

All the best,

Rob

Last edited:

917_k

My bad, the link I included was dud, have edited my original post, it’s still there...

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Those are utterly useless pics. I don't go in for all the patches either, but you're not wrong, Sefton are highly sought after. Did he ever do anything other than that russet colour? I've only ever seen them like that, which is not a shade I'm keen on.

Micawber

The patches spoil a nice jacket, I would like another Sefton if I could find one that fit. Steve's A2's were all in that chocolatey russett which I always thought had a hint of grey about them in certain lights..

917_k

Yep, I don’t understand sellers who upload such obviously crap photos, do they not want to actually sell the item?? It does look like a really nice jacket but the patches wreck it.

B-Man2

That’s a great jacket and a bit of a rare bird over here in the US. It would be sold by now but that’s the problem with patching a jacket. Once you personalize it to your tastes, with the patches you like, you might have a problem if you decide later on to sell it.

Edward

Yep, I don’t understand sellers who upload such obviously crap photos, do they not want to actually sell the item?? It does look like a really nice jacket but the patches wreck it.
this day in age with digital cameras and the ability to inspect and reshoot there is no excuse for uploading such bullshit crap out of focus pictures. I absolutely HATE that shit! I see it so often. and not only on items on eBay but women post 1 or 2 blurry distant photos on dating sites. I mean really? I can see maybe if you are an elderly person with bad eyesight then I'll give them a pass but its still bogus. and for the dating site those women are probably fake or hiding something. :p

I also hate when I look at vintage items and the most important part of an item that serious collectors look for like an imprint or stamping on the bottom of something isn't included in the set or if it is they post a blurry photo of it so you can't make out the maker logo or ID numbers... many don't take pics of all angles, top bottom front back...or they'll upload just ONE picture of the item... just plain dumb.HUGE pet peeve of mine. /end rant.

Edward

I mean seriously what the living F***?! this shit irks me to no end :D incompetence!!!!!! I hope it doesn't sell just because of this stupidity.
blur1.jpg
blur2.jpg

B-Man2

Ed
You’re cracking me up again buddy ;)
So you don’t like those “bate and switch photos“ on the dating sites?
Funny:D

Edward

So you don’t like those “bate and switch photos“ on the dating sites?
Funny:D

you mean the cookie cutter self descriptions that read "I love to travel and can go at a drop of a hat and love to do anything on the water" translation: I'm only interested in independently wealthy men that don't actually need to go to work so we can fly off anywhere at any time and you must own a boat"

ya, bating alright. :p seriously. every woman in my area has the same bio. "I love the beach and love to do anything on the water..." blah blah blah... bitch, I own a kayak so that best be good enough! oh, and screw that concert on Wednesday in Albuquerque. I gotta go to work at 7am so bite me. :D

B-Man2

Dude !! With your sense of humor and personality I don’t see how you can be anything but a success :)

Edward

Dude !! With your sense of humor and personality I don’t see how you can be anything but a success :)
I am well endowed with looks and personality... just lacking in the wallet department. women love the size of your wallet!

Micawber

There's no excuse for poor photos on adverts, phones have had reasonable cameras for a long time so there's no excuse. Crap images suggest attempts to hide, laziness or just being as thick as two short planks.