• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Security Aviation Togs Repro in the works anywhere?

London Cabbie

Just bought an ELC A1 from Alan, and as I'm thinking of pre-war 'early' jackets, it occurred to me that if the ultra rare A1 can be obtained, measured, and reproduced, surely there's a SAT out there somewhere that the fine high end repro makers can borrow and replicate. Anybody know of one in the wild and if anyone is working on a repro? I'd surely buy one.

Dan

Headwind, but I’ve been waiting over a year. It’s not even started yet.Don’t hold your breath...

zoomer

I asked Skyhawk to consider switching my Goldsmith order - also pending - to a Security. Once he's back on the string I hope to see about it.

My concern is that the straight cut body with its long, roomy waist won't set right with vendors accustomed to a short, tapered waist as A-2 standard. There are also issues sourcing a grommeted zipper longer than 24" (at least I never could as a civilian).

Last edited:

zoomer

Belay that last...he just wrote that the Goldsmith is on the way!!!
tenor copy 4.gif

zoomer

No Soap!!!
This is the second size 46 they've made when I asked for a 48. Measurements have been eased some, but it's still tight - the way an A-2 is "supposed to fit" (like hell it is) - and still not the dimensions or the size I asked for.

These are easy things to correct, unless you're working with a supplier who simply will not do larger sizes. I suspect Jay's supplier just doesn't care to. I hope it's the supplier, anyway, and not Jay.

Last edited:

Maverickson

Last edited: