• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Security Aviation Togs, "Hyklas" jacket for sale on EBay!

John Lever

Re: Security Aviation Togs, "Hyklas" jacket for sale on EBay

Fabulous and a real bargain. Please post a link to your website.

dmar836

Great looking jacket!
I see your old site is still up and going. Are you changing it as you"revamp" your company angle? I look to it often for ideas and inspiration!
Dave
KC

ButteMT61

Gee, and I coulda bought it for twice that! :shock:

DiamondDave

ButteMT61 said:
Gee, and I coulda bought it for twice that! :shock:

LOL! You also could've reviewed it FOR FREE!

DD

DiamondDave

3onamatch said:
Great jacket. Like that cap, too. What cap is that?

That is the SAT cap from my website... I made it for John as payment for the photoshoot.

DD

FlyingYankee

Looks like a quality jacket. I have never vertured far from GW but this has my attention. Did you learn from John Chapman? Do you have a Jacket businesss?

DiamondDave

FlyingYankee said:
Looks like a quality jacket. I have never ventured far from GW but this has my attention. Did you learn from John Chapman? Do you have a Jacket businesss?

Sort of... some things John has learned from me. But yes, quite a lot of my current knowledge base has been augmented by John.

My jacket business is run concurrently with my cap business for now, but will soon have its own home...

DD

ButteMT61

FYI, the jacket is 100% quality! It just didn't fit me. I could not do the review justice as it wouldn't go over my Sasquatch body.

My son also just took delivery of a KNOX cap from DD and it's a work of art! If you see something you like, don't hesitate - it's as good as anyone's gear out there, and way better than most.

FlyingYankee

I may bid but there are no returns so I want to make sure it fits. I am 6.1" amd 210 45" chest and 53" shoulder. 35" waist, If it fits JC will probably fit me. Jacket makes a statement for sure

DiamondDave

John Lever said:

John,

Thanks for the invite to post a website... and the kind words on my work.

I was unsure if I could post the site here, as I would not wish any more troubles... I have recently found that my account with Fedora Lounge has been curtailed, and I am no longer
able to send email, post to threads, start threads, or respond to anything, though I can log in. They are apparently mad at anyone who does not drink the "PAY US" Kool-aid, over there.

When one considers that they are charging 300 USD per month to businesses, even artisan ones such as mine, you can see that it becomes, at best prohibitive.
Especially considering, that I have actually sold maybe 2K worth of stuff, because of their site... TOTAL in 5 years! SO if I had paid for even just the last year I would be out $3600.00 USD.

Oh well Rant over,

www.diamondcapco.com

John Lever

DiamondDave said:
John Lever said:

John,

Thanks for the invite to post a website... and the kind words on my work.

I was unsure if I could post the site here, as I would not wish any more troubles... I have recently found that my account with Fedora Lounge has been curtailed, and I am no longer
able to send email, post to threads, start threads, or respond to anything, though I can log in. They are apparently mad at anyone who does not drink the "PAY US" Kool-aid, over there.

When one considers that they are charging 300 USD per month to businesses, even artisan ones such as mine, you can see that it becomes, at best prohibitive.
Especially considering, that I have actually sold maybe 2K worth of stuff, because of their site... TOTAL in 5 years! SO if I had paid for even just the last year I would be out $3600.00 USD.

Oh well Rant over,

http://www.diamondcapco.com
If you haven't done so already please post a thread all about your website and products in the Manufacturers section. That's what its for the more the merrier.
The link in this section is fine, no worries.

FlyingYankee

I see the listing was ended because of an error. Is the jacket still for sale?

foster

Sorry guys, but I bought this one for my Dad. He's not had a quality leather jacket since probably the 1970's. He left his mall jacket here when he flew back home last week, so he needed something and I was determined to get him something good.

foster

FlyingYankee said:
I see the listing was ended because of an error. Is the jacket still for sale?
The error was because I did a "buy it now" and the payment got goofed and then the listing didn't show the buy it now option after that. So the listing was ended so I could buy it now as I tried to do.

dmar836

Glad to see you bought it "on the level" without usurping eBay rules, as much as they irritate me.
That's quite a gift. Sure would be cool to mail it back as "his jacket" without him expecting it.
Dave

foster

Well, he is expecting it, as I had to be sure he (and mom) liked the look of it. And as much as I wish it was a gift for him, I really just facilitated the purchase for him since he isn't on eBay. He rarely buys things like this for himself, and last time he did it was a shapeless mall jacket which he has worn well past the point of practicality. Intervention was necessary before he went and bought another like the last one.

I've never been so excited about anything he might wear. Since I developed my interest in leather jackets a few years ago, I've been more and more displeased with the ugly jacket he had been wearing, and trying to talk him into something better. I finally got through yesterday. :D