• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seal Brown or Russet?

33-1729

Can’t decide between seal brown or russet? Why not both? I was looking at The Real McCoy’s (RMC) site after seeing dinomartino1’s listing of A-2 reproduction makers and this was unexpected. Using Yume Korozen dye permits the same jacket to appear either seal brown or russet as the lighting changes. The pictures below show the same jacket as seal brown indoors and russet outdoors.

Yume_Korozen2.jpg

Yume_Korozen1.jpg

The Real McCoy’s aren’t considered the most accurate copies but their high level of quality is without doubt, as is the price. This version being especially pricey and supposedly only to be offered for sale once (400k JPY). Like Japanese denim they're bringing their own take to it and I really appreciate what they've done, though I know some don't like to push the boundaries. If only it was a bit less expensive (or a lot less expensive)...

B-Man2

That’s a bit like the transition sun glasses that have lens that change color when you move from indoors to outdoors. Definitely wouldn’t be for me, but hey that’s why they make Vanilla and Chocolate. It’s about choices ......

Smithy

"Yume Korozen" eh? Sounds like marketing twaddle, that's oxblood or what the folks over at Horween rather extravagantly call cordovan, an almost kind of burgundy brown that has reddish undertones in light and looks significantly darker in low light.

foster

Russet and Seal? Let's call it Russell?

No, I won't be getting one. I can get a Russet and a Seal A-2 both for less than one of these...
(plus the Japanese won't be making these in my size anyway).

herk115

I'll bet the U.S. Air Force is salivating over the possibility of a "chameleon-like" flight suit that changes colors to match its surroundings. Both for the sake of E&E'ing, and so they won't have to issue everybody both green and tan flight suits.

ausreenactor

When they actually go to a warzone the USAF rotary wing crews rock Multicam? Tan zoom suits for the A-10 guys. If they have to bail and rely on the locals these days they won't last long.

ausreenactor

The pics on Rakuten and the Japanese websites do not do their jackets any justice. Yet, like Eastmans and Aeros, the fly out the door.