• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schott 618. Nice.

Spitfireace

20200616_010632 (1).jpg

Spitfireace

I got a faux fur collar from Schott in the summer in preparation for this winter. It's not a cheap item but I think it adds that flight jacket look to it. More like a flight jacket and less like a motorcycle jacket (I don't ride). Only problem is this sort of jacket takes an effort to wear, that is you don't just throw it on and go to the store for some milk or something. It takes a commitment. It's more of a going to the pub for a musical event or something like that. Unfortunately that isn't happening due the C word. It's not going to last forever though.
20201205_170812 (2).jpg
20201205_170801.jpg

Spitfireace

Thanks for your viewing. It's iconic yet ironic that I don't wear it as much as it deserves. Beautiful jacket.

MikeyB-17

I’ve got a nicely battered 615, the version with the side lacing instead of the belt, one of my favourite jackets although I don’t wear it much. I have been known to wear it with a hoody underneath, which makes me look somewhat disreputable. It used to amuse me to go into posh watch shops whilst wearing it, and have them look down their noses at me, until I produced my Omega Speedmaster (when I had it), and see the attitude suddenly change!

Silver Surfer

Those 618 jackets are damn near bull it proof. I have and wear an earlier version, fitted with talon zippers, no stamped “schott” on the snaps, and some rejiggering I had done on the belt loops when I had the belt removed. Since the jacket is trim, I found that the belt superfluous. Dunno if the later ones are as form fitting as the earlier versions. Once broken in, they wear like an old pair of slip ons.

Dubpynchon

Good choice getting the fur collar. I have a Vanson Model E with a fur collar, probably my favorite jacket. You want the complete package, the belt and collar.