• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saving Eastman Monarch

VeraVoulik

Received 2 days ago an Eastman Monarch 352nd FG in a poor condition: leather has been "cleaned" with chemical products which litteraly ruined the jacket. Color was totally erased and leather became stiff and rough.

My heart was broken to see this and owner asked me if it was possible to save it. Quite a challenge but mission's done ;)

First 3 pictures show the jacket when received. 4 last ones show it after cleaning, redye and patina. Homemade work ;)

me0.jpg
me1.jpg
me2.jpg

mo1.JPG
mo2.JPG
mo3.JPG
mo4.JPG

Domi88

good job my dear will do.this yes is going very well. on the other hand I have never seen these horizontal seams on each side above the pockets on this type of jacket

Chandler

good job my dear will do.this yes is going very well. on the other hand I have never seen these horizontal seams on each side above the pockets on this type of jacket
Those are field modification cargo pockets sewn into the liner.

Third paragraph in the description:

If you click the magnifying glass graphic you'll see more images, including the canvas pockets added to the inside of the jacket.

Last edited:

VeraVoulik

Specific modification found in 352nd FS, for sure in other units too. Large cloth inner pockets.

JonnyCrow

Received 2 days ago an Eastman Monarch 352nd FG in a poor condition: leather has been "cleaned" with chemical products which litteraly ruined the jacket. Color was totally erased and leather became stiff and rough.

My heart was broken to see this and owner asked me if it was possible to save it. Quite a challenge but mission's done ;)

First 3 pictures show the jacket when received. 4 last ones show it after cleaning, redye and patina. Homemade work ;)

View attachment 76482View attachment 76483View attachment 76484

View attachment 76485View attachment 76486View attachment 76487View attachment 76488
Lovely, nice to see people having a crack at home restoration, I'm a fan of that, worked out well

Latest posts