• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Salzburg trip

B-Man2

I hear ya on the duty and Vat taxes.....I shipped a couple of jackets to other VLJ members and was blown away when I heard what they had to pay, just to get a used jacket imported into the UK.
Completely understandable why UK members would avoid purchases outside of the EU

MikeyB-17

I hear ya on the duty and Vat taxes.....I shipped a couple of jackets to other VLJ members and was blown away when I heard what they had to pay, just to get a used jacket imported into the UK.
Completely understandable why UK members would avoid purchases outside of the EU
Yeah, I gave up buying anything from the US several years ago, when a pair of Sean Collins’ dice cost me something like £35 after all the charges. Picking up jackets from the US on Ebay is sadly, a thing of the past.

B-Man2

It must be a challenge carrying them around the airports . I wore one once on a flight to Colorado and put it in the overhead. People were throwing their carry on’s on top of it and crushing it behind back packs . Had to take it out and wear it on the flight.

John Lever

It must be a challenge carrying them around the airports . I wore one once on a flight to Colorado and put it in the overhead. People were throwing their carry on’s on top of it and crushing it behind back packs . Had to take it out and wear it on the flight.
I watch my jackets very carefully and make sure no one crushes them

B-Man2

I watch my jackets very carefully and make sure no one crushes them
And that’s the difference between flying a nice European Airline with lots of over head room and flying in a “Cattle Car” US one where they pack you in and your knees are hitting the fold down table tray. :mad:

ausreenactor

I have 'stewed' in an A-2 more than once. The BR will be outer wear next week when I head home. And I will give any construction areas a wide berth. Kids with food will get an angry look to keep dirty, nose pickin' hands away too.