• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SALLY B / MENPHIS BELLE

flyincowboy

donut  s time.jpg
Sally B  DONUTS waaf.jpg

CBI

Great photos. A staged photo shoot? Masters of the Air publicity shoot? Oh, I see, maybe from an airshow based on some of the non-period background folks???

I do have to say this, these jackets in these modern photos look way better in the context of them being flight gear (with all of the trappings) than when we (well, Ok I/me) wears them today with jeans, etc. as out on the street clothing.

The B-3 and A-2 totally "work" in these pics. Love this stuff, my 2 cents

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Thanks Flyincowboy for these pictures !

I do have to say this, these jackets in these modern photos look way better in the context of them being flight gear (with all of the trappings) than when we (well, Ok I/me) wears them today with jeans, etc. as out on the street clothing

100% agree !

Got some other pics to load its a pleasure to see such very nice jackets Guess who are the maker?

The flight gear and jackets are fantastic ! o_O
It doesn't look like ELC (it's not the broken sheepskin)... Could it be Goodwear ?

Flightengineer

Great photos, thanks for sharing.
In my opinion, in addition to the excellent work of the photographer in composition and nice flight gear and old planes, most of the realism is added by the fact that the guys in the photos - are young boys like WW2 pilots. Skinnys and young. Cool!

Usually, in the most of photo of reconstructions, dissonance is caused by men aged and, moreover, as a rule, they are often quite overweight, on which you can dress up in original jackets a thousand times and put them against the background of a real warbirds, but their look will imediatly ruined any illusion that this is the 40s.

Chandler

I do have to say this, these jackets in these modern photos look way better in the context of them being flight gear (with all of the trappings) than when we (well, Ok I/me) wears them today with jeans, etc. as out on the street clothing.
And T-shirts? :rolleyes:

Sorry to all you t-shirt wearing posters over in the "what're you wearing" thread, but wearing my leather jackets over only a T makes me feel like a '50s greaser. ;)

Grant

Thanks for posting the pics. The Center of Aviation Photography had an amazing photo shoot at Aero legends North Weald Airfield earlier this summer. Someone mentioned most of the jackets were made by Eastman. BTW, really dig the 100th BG / 350th BS patch on the dudes A-2.
MOTA3.jpg

MOTA.jpg

Grant

BTW, Eastman just confirmed on their IG page, they supplied all the leather and sheepskin jackets for the shoot. Pretty cool!