• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roughwear on the Goodwear sales page

Lord Flashheart

Much as I love baked goods, I think I will politely decline! Too many brewed and fermented goods mean I have to work hard to keep my preferred proportions!

So true, and this jacket hobby has actually been a good focus and objective for me to keep an eye on my waistline. Whether it's cake or hop based energy drinks I've found cycling helps me with managing mine :)

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
damn, that's Purdy, and the fit is excellent. a note to some here. all original rw a-2s were made with slightly over lapping shoulders per relative size. and so it is with stanier's rw. after all, Chappy is the original............devil in the details.
JC wrote he made shoulders wider than original in this particular jacket.
"The jacket is almost a basic, stock size 40, but the shoulders are a little wider than most originals."
P.S. This jacket made of such nice leather!

Last edited:

stanier

JC wrote he made shoulders wider than original in this particular jacket.
"The jacket is almost a basic, stock size 40, but the shoulders are a little wider than most originals."
P.S. This jacket made of such nice leather!

Yep, 1/4 overall. I'll leave it to you to decide what difference 1/8 inch either side makes. Only to suggest body variation between size 40 wearers or a C-2 over your shirt would make that difference ;) :D

stanier

Stanier, what's you usual size in A-2...? Your a 38 or 40?

Thanx

Now there's an interesting question Dany, and the answer may not be too portable across people of a similar size to me. I think it depends on contract and maker and everyone has their own critical dimension; chest, torso length, arm length, shoulder etc. For me it's abdomen measurement, or more bluntly belly, which I need to handle carefully. Generally these days I'm a 40, but can fit a 38 on a good day, which on some Eastman (and Platon's) contract interpretations turns out to be a 42!! Unless I just want a t shirt underneath, and they then can turn out to be annoyingly just too long on a bloke 5' 8" ish tall... I'm happy currently with my ELC Star at size 40 (about 20 inch measure chest) but a good weekend on the beer could blow it!

My new Roughwear is perfect and gives me the right amount of expansion room! ;)

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

Thought I'd ask cause I almost pull the trigger on that one too and a also couple of others in size 38-40 on the GW sale page. But was just not comfortable with the measurements.
Now looking at your fit, I know I should have because like you I am 38..40..ish or 39. My Platon is a 42 but the fit is spot on. Now I understand how a basic stock size 40 from GW fit.
Seriously thinking of putting my name on the waitlist for a GW and will certainly keep refreshing the sale page.

Hey thank you for your candor!

D