• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roughwear on the Goodwear sales page

London Cabbie

When I got up this morning I had absolutely no intention of buying a jacket. Zero. Then a couple of hours later I've bought this and in my excitement, also put down a deposit on another Goodwear... Plus I've got the Platon Dubow on order and my ELC Star. Thats without my other jackets. I need to get a grip...:oops:

Well done, my exact size too...hope it’s a perfect fit for you @stanier

stanier

The jacket arrived a few days ago and I'm really extremely pleased with it. It fits me perfectly and in the last couple of days I've had the opportunity to wear it for a few hours and already its showing early signs of developing much more character. I will post some pics ASAP, but for now, be assured its likely my best ever impulse buy, and certainly the best fitting and "in proportion" Roughwear I've ever owned. It doesnt look like the collar is taking over my head, which sadly can be the case with repro Roughwear A-2's to my eye and imho.

stanier

A couple of very quick pics today...
20200903_170145.jpg
20200903_170158.jpg

ausreenactor

Just noticed that tension on the zipper across the mid-riff. There might be some guys sending you some baked goods to make that jacket a bit tighter... ;)

stanier

Thanks for all the kind comments gents. I'm really incredibly pleased with this jacket. It's hard to believe I could have had a better fitting jacket if John had made it specifically for me. And the fact it's a Roughwear contract makes it that bit more special to me as normally a Roughwear just wouldn't be on my list of preferred jackets because of the collar, but I think John has nailed the proportions of originals on his jackets like certainly not many, if any other makers have achieved in my eyes. The Shinki leather is beautiful with a very soft drape and the grain is already popping massively. I suspect this is about as close as can reasonably be achieved with a veg tanned leather to orginal chrome tanned if you see what I mean and the jacket has a Crown zipper! Wonderful! I really have no criticism' of this jacket at all for me, it's as close to perfect as could be expected. Well maybe one very tiny and silly one...! the leather zipper pull tab strip it's come with is a bit short and stubby! Ha Ha! Has to be something! Normally I replace with a pair of dice on a ball chain, but fancy something different, now what to do?.. any suggestions?