• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roughout advice?

Bombing IP

Have you owned this make ? Do you have pics of them after some wear ?

Recommending something if you have no experience of it is rather risky....

I suppose I have to answer this .I did not recommend this boot I just simply put it out as another option for someone to look at .
Secondly we are all big boys and we research before we buy and most people google reviews before they buy then decide ,so where is the risk . I doubt if anyone would rush out to buy because I posted it ! . Lastly I post on many items of interest that I do not own to make other members aware and many thank me for it .

BIP

EmergencyIan

Thanks Dibley! Agree they need tons of wear to look good, just like an A-2.
My laces measure 45" x 1/4". I also waxed them to hopefully make them last a little longer.
Thanks Dibley! Agree they need tons of wear to look good, just like an A-2.
My laces measure 45" x 1/4". I also waxed them to hopefully make them last a little longer.

Also, you can still purchase those NOS WWIi nylon laces, in quantity for a song. They seem pretty strong. They’re listed as 40 inch laces but I guess they’re a little longer.

- Ian

Officer Dibley

I suppose I have to answer this .I did not recommend this boot I just simply put it out as another option for someone to look at .
Secondly we are all big boys and we research before we buy and most people google reviews before they buy then decide ,so where is the risk . I doubt if anyone would rush out to buy because I posted it ! . Lastly I post on many items of interest that I do not own to make other members aware and many thank me for it .

BIP

Wasn't a dig precious. Just seeking clarification :cool: As you say, we all are big enough to do our own research. Bit like going on holiday: i don't take resort recommendations from someone elses google search. :D

Carl

Also, you can still purchase those NOS WWIi nylon laces, in quantity for a song. They seem pretty strong. They’re listed as 40 inch laces but I guess they’re a little longer.

- Ian
Any link for where to buy the laces Ian ??
thanks
Carl

Officer Dibley

Anyone taken the plunge and bought the ones BIP recommended ? Be good to add to the general knowledge with real owner feedback :D

Cheers,
Love filled Twinkie :cool:

PS, Carl, i have some WW2 laces. 40" long. Too short for my 9-hole boots. Happy to send to you FOC. Merry Xmas !

Carl

Anyone taken the plunge and bought the ones BIP recommended ? Be good to add to the general knowledge with real owner feedback :D

Cheers,

PS, Carl, i have some WW2 laces. 40" long. Too short for my 9-hole boots. Happy to send to you FOC. Merry Xmas !

Cheers,

PM sent Chap !!!

gav

7A93D78A-B9F4-4629-86D1-DEEA76259433.jpeg
I rather like these buzz rickson’s that I picked up at the ELC pop up this year.

(On the swings at the playground)

Greg Gale

Still pondering.... is there a valid reason to own a pair if I already have a pair of DrMarten's and a pair of service boots? Are they very different in terms of functionality?

B-Man2

Still pondering.... is there a valid reason to own a pair if I already have a pair of DrMarten's and a pair of service boots? Are they very different in terms of functionality?
Greg
Given what you already own and wear, the answer to your question is, there really isn’t any difference in functionality. They just look cool and go nicely with a pair of jeans, khakis or cargo pants. I had a pair of service boots and I opted for the Roughouts. I think they look nicer than the service boots. Just a matter of preference.
Cheers

Greg Gale

Thanks Burt! I’ve heard they’re a bit lighter, therefore more suited for lighter weather. Is that so?

Grant

Not really Greg. The main advantage and the original reason why the Army and USMC switched to roughout boots, was the water resistant quality of the rough side out hides once dubbed.

Officer Dibley

Some types on here many A-2's when, to all intents and ourposes, the jackets are 99% identical other than colour. They will call each different but 99.999% of the population can't tell the difference.....

Greg Gale

Oh well, I just pulled the plug on a pair of EpicMilitaria Roughouts. Now the question is whether to SnoSeal or not to SnoSeal...