• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roughout advice?

J.R.303

Uk based, so a decent pair of Goodyear Welt army roughout boots from the US are going to be expensive to import.
My question is are any of the UK available ones Goodyear welted, they all look like Chinese ones to me.
Does anyone have size UK 9 they want to sell?

xontros85

I know I’ve mentioned it before, more than once, but ATF’s Roughout’s and other U.S. made boots are really good, in my experience. They poured a lot of money into them and it paid off. I’ve owned their Roughouts and the Service Shoes/Boots for the past two years. I also have owned the roughouts and service shoes that are sold by WWII Impressions. ATF’s are better (I’m typically a big fan of WWII Impressions). This coming from someone who isn’t particularly a fan of much of ATF’s clothing (the other stuff is generally pretty good, in my opinion).

- Ian
Hi Ian..I’m looking for sizing tips on ATF reverse upper service boots (roughout)..I’m us11,5D in red wing blacksmith and iron ranger
Size down on them ..my true sz is us12/EU46
What size do u recommend me ?

Last edited:

Chandler

Of note is that ATF started having their US boots made in the US a few years ago and they're sized differently than what had been offered from overseas manufacturers.

That said, the factory making boots for ATF has stopped private orders, so ATF is looking for a new manufacturer and their boot supply has dwindled. Double check they still have what you're looking for.

xontros85

Of note is that ATF started having their US boots made in the US a few years ago and they're sized differently than what had been offered from overseas manufacturers.

That said, the factory making boots for ATF has stopped private orders, so ATF is looking for a new manufacturer and their boot supply has dwindled. Double check they still have what you're looking for.
They only have us11,5left
If boots are true to size , I have to go with 12 which r out of stock
If those run like Red wing, 11.5 is my size

Although..do u have any opinion/feedback on de brabander’s rough out ?
Link:

TIA

Chandler

I bought 10.5 Red Wing Iron Rangers, but after break-in I wish I'd bought 10s (I've worn 10.5 almost all my adult life). That said -- I can't comment on how they compare to ATF's boots.

Don't know anything about Brabander.