• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rough Wear 1401p

Roughwear

I was asked to take some pictures of my original RW 1401P. The jacket dates from the autumn 0f 1941 and was issued to Lt who flew C47s in Europe.He dropped paratroops at Arnham and took part in D-Day.

Picture017a.jpg

Picture018a.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture166a.jpg

Falcon_52

Another beauty! Aside from the cuffs and bottom of the zip tape, it appears to be in excellent condition. What a great find. :mrgreen:

Noel

Jamesp

What a jacket!

Just the right condition, make and fit.

As good as it gets in my opion.

James.

Roughwear

Falcon_52 said:
Another beauty! Aside from the cuffs and bottom of the zip tape, it appears to be in excellent condition. What a great find. :mrgreen:

Noel

The Crown works very smoothly despite the separation on the male side and I mended the cuffs rather than replacing them.

Falcon_52

Roughwear said:
Falcon_52 said:

Noel

The Crown works very smoothly despite the separation on the male side and I mended the cuffs rather than replacing them.

Yes, I'm sure that Crown zipper has quite a few miles left on it. I have a B-15 jacket that has a separation all the way up to the first tooth on the male side and the zipper still works great! Also, that was a smart move to repair the cuffs. It seems that you are getting pretty good at repairing old flight jackets; you should open a repair shop.