• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roll Call

Vcruiser

Re: Performance checks

Great speed!...everything seems to be working fine...
...but...i can't get it to take my avatar pic from Photo bucket!
I reread Bill's instruction...but seems it won't take my avatar pic...no matter what I do!
Van

khiattP-51

......let me see if I can make an avatar work.

Yep, worked for me. Are you pasting the entire link from your image in the "link offsite" box?

Vcruiser

khiattP-51 said:
......let me see if I can make an avatar work.

Yep, worked for me. Are you pasting the entire link from your image in the "link offsite" box?

On PhotoBucket...I resized my photo for an avatar.
Left clicked the bottom img code link(bottom link under PB photo)(highlighted all of the link).....right clicked..clicked copy.....then clicked paste..into "Link offsite"...then submit.
It won't take it...and says "Invalid url'.
So I tried each one of the links under the PhotoBucket photo...mixed them up trying all boxes on "edit avatar". Can't get any of em to work. Can't figure it!
Van

khiattP-51

....For one last try, copy the 'direct link' from PhotoBucket. Then, paste it to the 'link offsite' box. That should do it. If not, let me know...we'll get it figured out.

By the way, this new host performance just continues to spank ass.

-Kevin

siddhartha

Administrator

I agree-nice and fast, but we'll see once everyone is onboard

...but I like it!

Chris

Vcruiser

khiattP-51 said:
....For one last try, copy the 'direct link' from PhotoBucket. Then, paste it to the 'link offsite' box. That should do it. If not, let me know...we'll get it figured out.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin
Tried that...and it says... "The submitted avatar is 100 pixels wide and 75 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide,but no larger than 90 pixels wide and 90 pixels high."
100X75 is PhotoBuckets standard avatar size. I can't seem to resize smaller than that on photobucket...and get it to "save". Strange...my avatar on the other VLJ is 100X 75...!
Van

bfrench

Administrator

Vcruiser said:
khiattP-51 said:

-Kevin

Hi Kevin
Tried that...and it says... "The submitted avatar is 100 pixels wide and 75 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide,but no larger than 90 pixels wide and 90 pixels high."
100X75 is PhotoBuckets standard avatar size. I can't seem to resize smaller than that on photobucket...and get it to "save". Strange...my avatar on the other VLJ is 100X 75...!
Van

Hi, Van,

Just resized the avatar to allow 180 x 180 pixels like on our other cornell site

Make sure the avatar sizes are left blank and the program automatically pics up the size.

Bill French

bfrench

Administrator

khiattP-51 said:
Hi all - reply to this post with any initial performance report so we have a central repositiory to look for feedback as we are testing.

Right now, damn this thing is flying!

-Kevin

Hi, Kevin,

It is flying.

How about after the PM check I ask another 10 members to register so we can add a bit of load.

And any other suggestions concerning security, permissions or things I've forgotten or loused - let's find them now.

Bill French

Vcruiser

Got the avatar to work! Thanks,Bill for fixing it!
Now this is almost as much fun as sex!!...er..I said ALMOST!!!
VB

better duck

Allright, first post on VLJ eh ...4 isn't it?
Looks good, forum speed back to old standard. Let's see if my avatar will take hold.
Splendid effort folks!

John Lever

Re: the Avatar issue. I re-sized more than one photo to less than 180 pixels and I was told the size was too big. The only way I could load was from Photobucket.

Hamsterbear

TEST TEST It's about time we made the move. that last host sucked. Maybe now I can participate again!
BriansHPphotos1865.gif

The HAMSTERBEAR is DANCING AGAIN!
Whoo-Hoo!
-Brian

Vcruiser

Gee Jerome..I didn't know that you and Duane went to school together.....

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Gee Jerome..I didn't know that you and Duane went to school together.....

That's me in the blue dress :shock: ........(was a great way to meet chicks)

Hacker