• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolen Sportswear 539th Fighter-interceptor Squadron MA-1 Mil-j-8279a

Seikosthlm

My first thread on this forum. Mostly have repro leather jackets but want to share this nice Nylon piece that I never wear beacause of the knits that has alot of holes. Not a fan of replacing things so will likely hang in my wardrobe as a museum piece or sold.
Rolen Sportswear 539th Fighter-interceptor Squadron MA-1 Mil-j-8279a
Any fun (or not so fun) facts about this jacket is more than welcome. Thanks for a great forum.
FB_IMG_1638682997334.jpg
FB_IMG_1638683005228.jpg
FB_IMG_1638683012828.jpg
FB_IMG_1638683019908.jpg
FB_IMG_1638683027200.jpg
FB_IMG_1638683034692.jpg

Dany McDonald

Hello and nice MA-1! I have a Rollen B-15D with really large shoulders compared with a Pritzker B-15C in the same size. How is yours?

You know that knits, can be repaired and even reconstructed! You don't have to absolutely replace them and like you I appreciate originals in their juice, when possible.

Dany

Seikosthlm

Hello and nice MA-1! I have a Rollen B-15D with really large shoulders compared with a Pritzker B-15C in the same size. How is yours?

You know that knits, can be repaired and even reconstructed! You don't have to absolutely replace them and like you I appreciate originals in their juice, when possible.

Dany
The shoulders are definately roomy. I did not consider trying to repair the knits. Very good idea. Will try to find someone in Sweden who can help me with this. Thanks!

Dany McDonald

The trick is to have a exact match with the thread color so the scar blends with the wool. Electricity may be gone for good but the kit stays original and wearable.

D

917_k

Yeah, I’d replace them, the originals look pretty rough in your pictures. Shouldn’t hurt the value too much and you’ll have a nice wearable jacket.

Seikosthlm

Thanks for all the input! The knits are arriving on tuesday. MASH customer support was awesome. The webstores check out did not work but got great help over email. Ordered a bunch of stuff.