• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ thread

Andrew

Whilst i've been waiting for my Goodwear to return from being "Arted", my Perry is off being cloned and in the waiting line for a new GW dubow, i've been revisiting my RMNZ seal Dubow. This jacket is now alnost 2 years old and despite a short wearing season and most of last season I wore the Goodwear, this jacket has broken in really nicely.

After I got John's early United I decided that this was the only repro path for me and I put this one in the back of the cupboard. With half a years hindsight and no others to compare with i've started wearing this again and I really love it. There are things about it I'm not crazy about such as the heavy leather, the widely spaced pockets, the overly curved collar and most of all the painted surface of the leather which means it probably wont ever develop subtle under tones and highlights, but it has some excellent points as well.

The fit is superb, it is just so comfortable, no baggy bits, droopy bits, it just fits me well. I had a bit extra added to the sleeves which I have been considering taking out again but it's really useful in my car which is low and my arms are stretched straight out in front. Lately it's gotten wet a bit since it's been raining here non stop and it's taking on an excellent shape. It may have inacuracies compared to JC's work but it really is well made.

My favourite is still the GW but I reckon that RM have been neglected a bit lately and are really well worth revisiting.

RIMG0365.jpg

RIMG0367.jpg

RIMG0361.jpg

RIMG0282.jpg

RIMG0288.jpg

RIMG0291.jpg

bseal

Re: RMNZ

Still as purty as when you first unveiled her. I like the graining.

greyhound52

Very nice. I like mine too.

Forgot to show a picture.

Old picture before Jerome's work

dubow.jpg

New picture with Jerome's work
geronimoage21.jpg

airfrogusmc

I love McCoys. Sold my RMNZ Dubow to help finance the new jacket. Great looking Dubow Leadsky...

havocpaul

"My favourite is still the GW but I reckon that RM have been neglected a bit lately and are really well worth revisiting." quote

The point I made elsewhere, those that claimed there was no repro maker bar GW were getting carried away with the 'hype', the long-established makers like RM / Eastman/ BR etc have great jackets out there too...long may it be a competitive market.

John Lever

I'm no A2 fan so I the GW fever has not affected me so far. When I get my A1 things will be different !
I must say that of all my jackets the RM ones are my favourites. There is some thing about the skins and how the jackets have the right look that I find very appealing. Shame they are on the other side of the world and that I have to sell an organ every time I want one..