• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ and the Dollar

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
The A-2 from RMNZ had snuck up to over $900, it wasn't that the price ever changed, but the exchange rate sure did.

Now it's heading in the other direction ......

1,300.00 NZD = 715.880 USD

indigo_junkie

There's a kind of macabre pleasure in seeing the NZ dollar tank along side with the AUD. At least an A2 from RMNZ would still cost me the same now as it would have 5 months ago. That being said, 5 months ago, I would have gone straight to GW for my A2 instead. Now I probably won't see one for another 2 years or how ever long it takes for it to get to about 78-80 cents (I doubt I'm going to see 98 cents again for another 25 years). Credit crunch aside, looks like it's bargain time for folks in the US. Be able to buy a RMNZ jacket for slightly more than a GB.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
The A-2 from RMNZ had snuck up to over $900, it wasn't that the price ever changed, but the exchange rate sure did.

Now it's heading in the other direction ......

1,300.00 NZD = 715.880 USD
David, how's it doing against the £ ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
David, how's it doing against the £ ?

The change was mainly against the Yen, and the Dollar, and it moves around.

Here's the same example today ...

1,300.00 NZD = 766.48 USD = 489.83 GBP

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
So my B-1 at NZ $3200 will still be around £1200

Yes, £1205 at today's rate ....

As you know Real McCoy's pricing is in NZD, whilst THE FEW is priced in JPY .... so maybe check with Paddy.