• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RM D-1, Calling Mr. Lever

Dany McDonald

A lot of this going on, on ebay theses days. Wondering if ebay has policies about this dishonest practice and if they even care?

On another side, I've been after a D-1 since a couple of weeks and they are rare. Buzz has an older model, very nice but I am not sure about the authenticity of their version.

Dany

John Lever

A lot of this going on, on ebay theses days. Wondering if ebay has policies about this dishonest practice and if they even care?

On another side, I've been after a D-1 since a couple of weeks and they are rare. Buzz has an older model, very nice but I am not sure about the authenticity of their version.

Dany
Am I missing something here ?

Dany McDonald

Yeah, but the original owner on Yahoo is not the same one selling on Ebay. Look at the missing/empty description, can't answer questions about the jacket or very vague and elusive answers. Will never provide more images when asked, the jacket is never available right away, please be patient I will try to take photos later this week...and nothing.

I bought a Buzz N-1 on Yahoo, that I saw on ebay for double the price, it took 2 weeks for the reseller to take his auction down on ebay...

I don't know why but I've seem to stumble on more than usual this pass 2 months in my search for a D-1 and other things.

John, the initial question still stands, what do you think of RM D-1's ? What should we look for in our quest, maker, details...?

D

Last edited:

John Lever

I see. I honestly thought it was a Yahoo seller also posting on eBay. EBay is full of such posts, are they all dodgy then ?
RMJ are waaay over priced, the wrong colour and just not worth it.
Go for an 'Old McCoy's 'or an early Eastman would be my option.

Dany McDonald

Okay, thank you for the pointers!

What do you think of this one I've been eying on a Japanese site....?

It's an old buzz D-1 with sadly what looks like a fake contract and Talon brass zip (?) I am such a newbie with shearling jackets but I love the D-1 look and history.

EDIT: I like the brass Talons zips a lot, but are they correct, I see a lot of Conmars on originals?

BuzzD1-01.jpg

BuzzD1-02.jpg

Many thanx for your input!

D

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

John, I really appreciate your comments on this one. I like that it has the ''right'' look of the originals I study on the internet. My last and only worry are the wonky measurements provided. They are on the slim side and I have to take in account the thickness of the wool... It's tagged as a medium and I am a 40 with A-2's.

Dany

Dany McDonald

I just stumble on this John, okay now I have an example of the Eastman D-1 you are referring to. I would have jumped on it for sure now that I have more knowledge and desire... It's a beauty for sure and in my size...
The one I posted here is reported as 21in P2P, info extracted from the seller, so for a size medium shearling it's pretty tight, anyway too slim for me. Decided to wait for a better describe sale, like yours ;)

D