• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction crushers?

ausreenactor

I have an original which has a finish exactly like the Chinese replica, and was never shiny.
The whole "everything gleaming in the sun' look wasn't all that common in WW2, that was something you more often see well into the postwar years once 'stay bright' insignia came around.
I might just put my extra original on my crusher when it shows up, but thought it'd be good to have a new replica just in case, especially for as little as I paid for it.
Intent of my comment was never to keep it shiny. Let it take on the patina over time...

MauldinFan

It JUST got here a few minutes ago. Thankfully I saw the mail truck pull up as I had to sign for it.
I had decided to swap out the original WW2 private purchase Eagle I'd had on my other reproduction service hat (actually, a former Texas A&M cadet hat) which has a perfect finish still on it.
20220919_103951.jpg

20220919_103946.jpg

It fits exactly as I like, not squeezing my head but not too loose.
20220919_104049-01.jpeg

This is worth every penny, I've been wanting something like this since the 1980s!
Thanks again for the suggestion, Michael is the best!

Attachments

• 20220919_104002.jpg
    20220919_104002.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

MauldinFan

20220919_202751-01.jpeg

20220919_202807-01.jpeg

Here is the new crusher on the left, compared with the Texas A&M ROTC cadet service hat I'd been using for my officer/war correspondent uniform for almost 20 years..
The crusher is as comfortable as a good fitting baseball cap. The service hat is stiff and uncomfortable after a while.

ausreenactor

It JUST got here a few minutes ago. Thankfully I saw the mail truck pull up as I had to sign for it.
I had decided to swap out the original WW2 private purchase Eagle I'd had on my other reproduction service hat (actually, a former Texas A&M cadet hat) which has a perfect finish still on it.
View attachment 83539
View attachment 83540
It fits exactly as I like, not squeezing my head but not too loose.
View attachment 83542
This is worth every penny, I've been wanting something like this since the 1980s!
Thanks again for the suggestion, Michael is the best!
Outstanding! Looks the part 100%