• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Umbral Blendschutzbrille Sunglasses

Kermit3D

In his post here, Jerome35 is wearing nice sunglasses.
He kindly sent me a link to the store where he bought them, but they are no longer available, and cannot be found elsewhere.

So I'm looking for sunglasses like this one, or similar. Does anyone know where I can find these ?

WWII_German_Umbral_blendshcutzbrille_1940s_sunglasses_luftwaffe_wehrmacht_SS_grande_167f4431-61c8-478d-953f-99172b6f2e68_1024x1024.jpg

Enigma1938

But bear in mind that the size of the 30s 40s sunglasses is much different to today's standard. The frames are not that broad and a guy with a roundish or broad face can look ridiculous with that glasses in public today. Back then it was the common standard but it just looks a bit off now

Kermit3D

But bear in mind that the size of the 30s 40s sunglasses is much different to today's standard. The frames are not that broad and a guy with a roundish or broad face can look ridiculous with that glasses in public today. Back then it was the common standard but it just looks a bit off now

I have a rather small and thin face. Many of the current glasses seem too big for me. ;)

Pilot

Hi Pilot ! I was hoping you would come to my rescue, and here you are ! ;)
Now I'm curious to see what's inside those eyeglass cases.
Are these glasses for sale?
I am not where the googles are, but soon
Here is whats inside ( not mine, but identical).
410E951C-49B4-4260-822B-31A6B0518CAF.jpeg
4105CE0C-3BA6-47E0-820E-BF303AA4DDF3.jpeg
410E951C-49B4-4260-822B-31A6B0518CAF.jpeg
4105CE0C-3BA6-47E0-820E-BF303AA4DDF3.jpeg

Costs range from 250-360 Euro for WW2 pre-1945 issues ... hence a bit far off to what is discussed here :).
The ones with solid side bars are made in post
WW2 GDR .

Kermit3D

I am not where the googles are, but soon
Here is whats inside ( not mine, but identical).
View attachment 60331View attachment 60332View attachment 60331View attachment 60332
Costs range from 250-360 Euro for WW2 pre-1945 issues ... hence a bit far off to what is discussed here :).
The ones with solid side bars are made in post
WW2 GDR .

This is a very rare and beautiful model !
The fixing system is amazing. I did some research by curiosity, it seems very difficult to find.
However, you will have understood, it's not what I'm looking for.
I didn't know that the models with branches appeared after 1945.
Thanks for pictures. :)

Pilot

This is a very rare and beautiful model !
The fixing system is amazing. I did some research by curiosity, it seems very difficult to find.
However, you will have understood, it's not what I'm looking for.
I didn't know that the models with branches appeared after 1945.
Thanks for pictures. :)
Thx, no worries I dont sell them...:)

Kermit3D

I don't really like these round glasses. I mean, it's not for me.
I'm not looking for specifically German glasses, I just like glasses Jerome35 was wearing.
I think there is a possibility to find modern glasses with a vintage look like these...
...in fact there are many. So I'm just going to go to an optician to try some on. :rolleyes::D

Kermit3D

Pilot, your photos of the jackets in the background are terribly frustrating... It's like a mini skirt that shows so much that finally it's not enough... ;)

Last edited: