• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REPRO MANUFACTURERS' RULES

bfrench

Administrator
Here are the basic rules of conduct for this forum - please read and heed.

1. Members who are also repro manufacturers are permitted to do a post of their product using one or two pics and a brief description along with a link to their website / email address.

2. The repro manufacturing members will not do a full product line posting but just a product description such as - new zipper line (would not include everything a zipper is sewn into - or a new jacket they are producing (not a list of everything on their website).

3. Manufacturers may answer questions regarding the item originally posted - all other questions regarding the manufacturers' lines should be done on their respective web site / blog / email.

4. The posting describing the article should include a price so the members know the price range of the product - same as when selling an item in Buy and Sell.

5. No polling of the members to solicit their point of view of the products.

6. Product reviews will continue to be done in the respective forum - Reviews.

7. Members who have purchased product will continue to post in the respective forums / Repros / Vintage / etc.

Roughwear

Well done Bill. The rules are really clear and now people know exactly where to find the latest offerings from repro makers. :)

ausreenactor

Roughwear said:
Well done Bill. The rules are really clear and now people know exactly where to find the latest offerings from repro makers. :)

Not sure if there is anything outlined for 'where' as such. Other forums have a separate section for Vendors etc. The rules are good; however, the onus is now on the customers/forum members to keep us up to date with detailed specs via the review page. Some of the GW links from forum members could be found using the hyperlink, but not via the website. I have been lost trying to find the master file a few times. It appears to me that there is a vast disparity between the posts by Platon and JC. Platon could be considered as enthusiastic or annoying depending on whether you have had your morning coffee. While JC has only posted around 60+ times in the history of this incarnation of the forum. Other makers have come on board to advise of new products, sales of original jackets and the like. With all JCs experience, and his status as a moderator, there have been 66 posts pertaining to vintage and repro jackets.

It is pretty clear to all what has prompted this guidance. In my opinion the more posts, on any topic, make the forum a more interesting place to visit. I think the recent ELC 'House' is the most sensational jacket/hide to hit the forum in a while, fortunately it came via a buyer or it would have been seen as propaganda. Perhaps a Vendor section is required where any products can be discussed at length. This would provide a place for vendors to gauge opinions etc , or ignored completely by those who only want to see what customers have to say? Products, shipping, policies etc. All in one harmless little bundle.

Couchy

damienweaver

There is also the issue of manufacturers being moderators at all, which would potentially enable posts about their products to be deleted or otherwise edited. JC is a stand-up guy, but as a matter of policy, I feel this is a conflict of interest which sets a bad precedent.

Just my two cents.

John Lever

I had a pm from JC stating that he welcomed the criticism from a member a while back (Saunders?)and defended his right to free expression.

siddhartha

Administrator
damienweaver said:
There is also the issue of manufacturers being moderators at all, which would potentially enable posts about their products to be deleted or otherwise edited. JC is a stand-up guy, but as a matter of policy, I feel this is a conflict of interest which sets a bad precedent.

Just my two cents.

I'd also ask that you be aware of the 3 names of the moderators on this subforum-JC is not one of them.

In the time that JC has helped out here, and also started GW, he's NEVER, not once, had any questionable action or conflict of interest here.

We as a team thought it best if JC was not a mod of this subforum, to avoid any question of integrity.

Never has it been an issue in the past, nor will it in the future.

damienweaver

Didn't mean to imply any questionable past practices by anyone. As I said, "as a matter of policy, this creates a conflict of interest," which it does, regardless how well it has worked out thus far.

a2jacketpatches

damienweaver said:
Didn't mean to imply any questionable past practices by anyone. As I said, "as a matter of policy, this creates a conflict of interest," which it does, regardless how well it has worked out thus far.

But does sound like you're implying the potential for future questionable practices, as a matter of fact, that's exactly what you said. The rules of conduct have been posted loud and clear for those who may have strayed a bit and they should be set straight from this point forward. For those who have not, I don't think there's much to worry about.

ausreenactor

siddhartha said:
damienweaver said:

Just my two cents.

I'd also ask that you be aware of the 3 names of the moderators on this subforum-JC is not one of them.

In the time that JC has helped out here, and also started GW, he's NEVER, not once, had any questionable action or conflict of interest here.

We as a team thought it best if JC was not a mod of this subforum, to avoid any question of integrity.

Never has it been an issue in the past, nor will it in the future.

Apologies for not noticing the new section. Came into the forum under the new posts tab as set to my favorites. I am certain there are others thinking that some of the pressure put on to Platon COULD BE perceived as a biased course of action. The recent pressure to show some recent BK jackets from members (and a copy/paste thrust on the Fedora Lounge), and the double tap on the blast for seeking offers in the newly reinforced Sales Policy was a bit OTT. If it was anyone else asking for offers or trades I am sure no one would have raised the issue in the same manner. Platon's customers offered up two recent acquisitions and the 'satisfied customer' matter died then and there. I can not recall the latest Good Wear A-2 acquisition announced by a member since Steve's Perry in January. Now it is the excess photos and updates that are getting under peoples skin? A wise and welcomed move with the Reproduction Manufacturers tab. Now Platon can update the forum members keen to take a look without detractors heckling from the sidelines.

TankBuster

JC would be the last person anyone would have to worry about. He's a standup guy and too modest to use the forum in that way.

damienweaver

Okay, forget I said anything. Clearly this is not an issue anyone cares to discuss. Manufacturers should not be moderators. Period.

a2jacketpatches

damienweaver said:
Okay, forget I said anything. Clearly this is not an issue anyone cares to discuss. Manufacturers should not be moderators. Period.

Forget you said anything? A little hard to do when you keep saying. Period. One thing you are correct, nobody seems to care about your issue or discuss it. I do believe there's a subject in the board index for those who see problems in this forum, adding new rules etc. so maybe take it there.

I reproduce patches, so I will follow the rules posted in this thread, that's about all the input needed here.

Vcruiser

TankBuster said:
JC would be the last person anyone would have to worry about. He's a standup guy and too modest to use the forum in that way.

So very true..and apparent from the very beginning(well before GW) years ago.

Jeff M

TankBuster said:

That has been my experience with him both here on the forum and purchasing from him.