• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Irvin project - orders now being taken!!

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

I'm now ready to take jacket orders!

I've seen the samples of the sheepskin that the tannery have produced for me, and they're great. I'm really happy with them. So, I'll be ordering the first batch of skins, which I should receive in a few weeks.

Before I can go into production though, I need to take orders in order to pay for the materials. I will be able to go into production as soon as I take delivery of the skins and will need 5 or 6 initial orders to pay for the materials and get the ball rolling. Each jacket takes roughly eight days to make, so when I begin making the orders, I'll keep all customers updated as to where their jacket is in the queue.

When making the test jackets, I anticipated pricing the production jackets at around £795. I've had to increase the price of the jacket slightly, to £825, to cover a significant increase in the material costs since I first started making jackets. The new skins are roughly twice the cost of the ones I had from Fenland, which I think reflects a general trend in the industry. I'm sure I could get the skins for less from China to keep the jacket price down, but for me it's all about the quality and authenticity of the materials, and it's something on which I won't compromise.

The jackets will be available in standard sizes: 38 - 52.

If anyone would like to place an order, please let me know and we can discuss the details of what pattern you'd like (pre-war/1941/multipanel). Because you've shown such interest in my jackets, I'm happy to accept a deposit of 40% (PayPal preferred), with the balance paid when the jacket is ready to ship.

Cheers,

Jon

rikbb

Hello Jon,
Will it be possible to choose the tint (colour) of the fur?
The copper coloured furs are great.
rik

ButteMT61

rikbb said:
Hello Jon,
Will it be possible to choose the tint (colour) of the fur?
The copper coloured furs are great.
rik

That and are there pics of the final products? Starting the fund today. Let's hope the cold weather comes back to the west coast - aside from the frost I'll feel when I tell my wife I'm ordering another jacket that is :lol:

CryptoDave

jonnyboy said:
Hi guys,

I'm now ready to take jacket orders!

I've seen the samples of the sheepskin that the tannery have produced for me, and they're great. I'm really happy with them. So, I'll be ordering the first batch of skins, which I should receive in a few weeks.

Before I can go into production though, I need to take orders in order to pay for the materials. I will be able to go into production as soon as I take delivery of the skins and will need 5 or 6 initial orders to pay for the materials and get the ball rolling. Each jacket takes roughly eight days to make, so when I begin making the orders, I'll keep all customers updated as to where their jacket is in the queue.

When making the test jackets, I anticipated pricing the production jackets at around £795. I've had to increase the price of the jacket slightly, to £825, to cover a significant increase in the material costs since I first started making jackets. The new skins are roughly twice the cost of the ones I had from Fenland, which I think reflects a general trend in the industry. I'm sure I could get the skins for less from China to keep the jacket price down, but for me it's all about the quality and authenticity of the materials, and it's something on which I won't compromise.

The jackets will be available in standard sizes: 38 - 52.

If anyone would like to place an order, please let me know and we can discuss the details of what pattern you'd like (pre-war/1941/multipanel). Because you've shown such interest in my jackets, I'm happy to accept a deposit of 40% (PayPal preferred), with the balance paid when the jacket is ready to ship.

Cheers,

Jon

Jon,

How do I go about ordering one of your Jackets? Do you have a website?

Thanks,

Dave.

jonnyboy

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your interest (and for your PM) - email sent!

Andrew, thanks for posting the link to the website thread - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jon

Roughwear

Good luck John. The web site is great and I'm sure there will be plenty of purchasers for your range of Wareing inspired jackets.

A

Anonymous

Hey Johnny I said it before and I will say it again.
Your jackets look great!!!