• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Crushers

Hobbstc

Hmm wonder if I can get away with it in my AGSU when it comes in. That's the new Pinks and Greens for the Army, FYI. Ready tog et rid of these ASU blues and get back to looking Army again.

ausreenactor

Hmm wonder if I can get away with it in my AGSU when it comes in. That's the new Pinks and Greens for the Army, FYI. Ready tog et rid of these ASU blues and get back to looking Army again.

Sergeant Major might even get a kick out of it? Fortune favours the brave. Just use the issued visor eagle.

jschare

Just out of curiosity, when were the pink crush caps worn? If I remember correctly, weren't they unauthorized? Were they strictly worn only with the "winter" uniform or were they also worn with the "summer" uniform in place of the khaki cap?

warguy

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested.....the owner of Society Brand (the reproduction Flighter brand cap) contacted me and said he was back from deployment and wanted to know if I wanted to place an order. Looks like he is back in business and taking orders for anyone interested.

ausreenactor

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested.....the owner of Society Brand (the reproduction Flighter brand cap) contacted me and said he was back from deployment and wanted to know if I wanted to place an order. Looks like he is back in business and taking orders for anyone interested.
Thanks for the heads up...

ausreenactor

Just out of curiosity, when were the pink crush caps worn? If I remember correctly, weren't they unauthorized? Were they strictly worn only with the "winter" uniform or were they also worn with the "summer" uniform in place of the khaki cap?
Greens..... the chocolate or pinks trousers were often switched out. Same for the shirts...

HackerF15E

I keep returning to and refreshing this thread in hopes to see @foster announcing that he's taking orders. :)

Hoping to wear one on a future date with this ol' girl, rather than the ball cap that's normal crew wear.

IMG_4916.jpg

SocietyBrandHatCo

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know I have several OD 51 Flighter caps made in every size from 7 to 7-1/2 that are available for purchase. I can ship them as soon as I’m back in town from a little hiking expedition I’m currently undertaking in Colorado. If you want anything over a size 7-1/2, or a cap in khaki tropical worsted wool or OD fur felt, I can make you that as well. I can also make Drab 54 (“pink”) Flighters, although historically Bancroft never offered a “pink” version. I can also make these with hickory brown leather for wear with your AGSU (it’s what I wear with mine). Just let me know.

Regards,

Pete

Attachments

• C601A07F-B47B-4CEF-ADA3-51CEA14A1104.jpeg
    C601A07F-B47B-4CEF-ADA3-51CEA14A1104.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 194
  • CB07B7FD-07FD-449F-90AA-8C8D9A4CE1B0.jpeg
    CB07B7FD-07FD-449F-90AA-8C8D9A4CE1B0.jpeg
    634.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 95A2F248-5383-45DE-B89E-DE13C57C739D.jpeg
    95A2F248-5383-45DE-B89E-DE13C57C739D.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 0C349E16-E3F9-4FBC-9DD2-5E52527BECF8.jpeg
    0C349E16-E3F9-4FBC-9DD2-5E52527BECF8.jpeg
    777.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 791BE257-7F7F-4613-9017-CB1DD37500F1.jpeg
    791BE257-7F7F-4613-9017-CB1DD37500F1.jpeg
    572 KB · Views: 197
  • 5A3718F9-858F-4231-BEDD-C7D9A02D5D31.jpeg
    5A3718F9-858F-4231-BEDD-C7D9A02D5D31.jpeg
    654.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

foster

I keep returning to and refreshing this thread in hopes to see @foster announcing that he's taking orders. :)

What is probably going to happen is a scenario where I end up making an assortment, and then list them when ready. But this is likely to be late October / November due to the necessities of my day job involving most of my time and efforts in September and early October. Thank you for the continued interest!

ausreenactor

What is probably going to happen is a scenario where I end up making an assortment, and then list them when ready. But this is likely to be late October / November due to the necessities of my day job involving most of my time and efforts in September and early October. Thank you for the continued interest!
Excellent! Do a deposit/production timeline appreciation....?

jschare

So I went ahead and contacted Michael Handford of Aviator Caps and pulled the trigger on an order. I was originally told it would be 6-8 weeks, however, Michael emailed me yesterday my cap was ready to ship after only a week. With the exchange rate, it ended up costing about $227 USD plus shipping. It's made of Barathea "pink" wool with khaki braiding which would be consistent of an in theater made cap. Here are pics he sent. I'll take more when I receive it

Jschare1.jpg
Jschare2.jpg
Jschare3.jpg

Last edited: